• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics and have a laugh..............

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
carguy,
It appears your 'redline' sticker is on what, 2700? 2800? Just curious. It looks like you are running in third gear?

My redline sticker is set at 2500. I wonder why that is?

Just curious.

jim

carguy455

wallew said:
carguy,
It appears your 'redline' sticker is on what, 2700? 2800? Just curious. It looks like you are running in third gear?

My redline sticker is set at 2500. I wonder why that is?

Just curious.

jim
Thats Towerguy1's duece dash, not mine. Guess he might know why.....my 53 doesnt have a tach.

Armada

I thought the same thing. If in fact that is the oil pressure gage, why does it read 0-120???? Even so, 30 psi at 2100 rpms does seem low.

rmgill

mangus580 said:
Some oil pressure guages were 120 PSI.... and my deuce runs about that for pressure when its hot....
30 psi is idle, not near to max rpm pressure. On my trip to PA in the deuce, running 15-20 minutes at 25 mph up I77, I didn't see anything close to that low a pressure.

m35a2cowner

oil pressure

Electric gauges (and cheap mechanical gauges) begin to loose their accuracy as they age due to poor connections, low voltages, mismatched sending units and gauges. Good quality mechanical gauge is the best indicator.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My guage goes to 120 also. And runs about 30 at idle when hot. Mabye he had shot most of the oil through the vent tube when the pic was taken.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, the low oil pressure could indicate a low oil level. My pressure ran low at one point during the Florida trip, adding two quarts popped it right back up (from apprx 30 to 50).

Desert Rat

I'm trying but the forum won't let me no matter what computer I use. This is most frustrating. I sent a bunch to Mangus580 but I guess he's a bit busy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks