• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics and info on CUCVs

The Hammer

Hey fellas, I was wondering what are all the differences between a Civilian Blazer and the CUCV??

I have a line on a Blazer that has ZERO options except High Altitude Axle. I would like to put 3/4 Ton or 1 Ton axles under it and paint it up in Desert Sand, just like the Desert CUCVs.

Is there a thread with CUCV pictures?

When I was in the Army we only had Hummers.

Thanks alot guys.

Shop Rat Fab

This is what I know, there are others but these are the main ones. Oh ya forgot if you see one on ebag the Mil version is ultra rare, not many left, not many made, you will not find one in this condition with such low mileage. Mil. Has 24 volt starting system vs. Civil. 12 volt, dual alternators vs.single, Mil. 3/4 ton rated suspension which is only an extra leaf spring in the front and a few in the rear, axles are the same except Mil. has 3.08 gears and Civil has 3.55 or 3.73, Military has a Turbo 400 3 speed tran trans vs. civilian 700r4 4 speed OD that has concerns with it. Lastly if I am wrong on my facts someone please tell me.