• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics n Video TOO MUCH FUN IN the MUD now BROKE PB FL

tucker79

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHOr62AXohk&feature=youtu.be

https://www.facebook.com/BobbyWumme...41950.807116742667466/988886307823841/?type=3

Well the above video and pics only gives a small indication of how much fun I had last weekend at PLANTBAMBOO.com
As the sun went down and:beer::beer: went down I turned that hole place into soup. All is well till about 11pm n I stuck it bumper deep only 2 ft from hard ground. Luckily there's a bunch of really nice folks out there with some bad ass mud trucks willing to help. We dug her out for a hr in knee to waist deep mud and a BBC on 2.5s n cut 5ft tractor tires gave it **** n budged it just enough to catch hard ground ( SO CLOSE)
Well now the broke part
I parked it for the night n drove around a few hrs in the morning pulling the dead soldiers out of the massive soup filled ruts i created ( Proud ) No Problems
Get it out on the road for the 50 mi. drive home n feel some resistance. Stop check drivetrain fluids all good, jack up front wheel n get about a hf turn of sprung spin out of the wheel, wheel turns one way n not the other as it should, Ok all good drive it home So I think. Felt much better but still a little resistance.

Back it in the driveway n see a trail of gear oil from front drivers axle ( boot clamp failed on way home) n now the front wheels are locked in forward and reverse( Like full time engaged front wheel drive)
Air shift cylinder on T case always sounded like it was working.
What should I tear into first Front axle??? still had quite a bit of fluid. Or Transfer Case ???? Try the flush with diesel ???? has worked for me before but different scenario.
Had just changed all fluids before I went and washed her down and inspected thuroly before leaving Mud park

dmetalmiki

Did you check the brake drums?, All that mud and water...It is good to remove each drum and clean and service every part. Then check the air shift solenoid/cylinder. and spring/actuator (movement).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks