• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of 1009 lift

Armada

Here are a few pics of the 2" lift I put on my 1009. Components are Superlift, front springs and rear blocks. Also new shocks and steering stabilizer added. I also went from worn 31x10.5 tires to new 32x11.5 tires.
The before and after measurements are: (taken from floor to bottom of wheel well opening lip).
LF before: 35 7/8" after: 39"
RF before: 35 7/8" after: 39"
LR before: 35 3/4" after: 39"
RR before: 35 1/4" after: 38 1/2"

Note: RR spring appears to have a 1/2" sag as all body mounts are intact and rust free. It is not noticable though. Inner splash shields were added after the pictures were taken.

The picture of the truck is before lift. I will post more pics as the restoration continues. It will be repainted in 24087, inside and out.

Attachments

mangus580

Lookin good!!!

I just found myself a brand new set of tires for mine!!

Look here

I am getting them for $60 each (brand new) with a set of civvy 'rally' rims & caps/rings...

Not sure if I will use the caps and rings yet... maybe I will paint the caps 383, rims black, and not use the rings. I got to see :)

Armada

Thanks for the comments. Everything was treated with acid and repainted to prevent any future rust formation. That is the cleanest those fender wells and undercarriage will ever be.

Armada

Mike, the stencil says 'lever arm'. There is a bolt at the bottom of the rocker. It may have been a pivot point for some kind of lever, but no idea as to what that would be or what it was used for. First one I've ever seen with that.

84cucv, to be honest, I have not even pulled it out of the garage after putting the lift on. Shouldn't be much of a change though. With 3.08 gearing, I didn't want to go too much taller with the tires so as not to drastically change the final ratio. Even though 33" tires would easily fit, I opted for the one inch taller and wider 32's. I also don't like the look of a tire that completely fills a wheel opening.

mangus580

Yes, mine is a 4", but I think due to time, its more about 3".... unfortunatly, my great deal only netted me 31x10.5's I wanted 33x12.5's and on my old rustbucket actually ran 33x15.5's with this lift, with very minimal scrub in the worst case.

CUCV IRL

Front Fender well on your M1009

Hi Armada, I was just going thru old postings when I came across pics of your M1009 lift. :shock: I was very impressed with the condition of the front fender well of your truck. What did you do to get the fender well to that condition and what paint product did you use? :eek:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Front Fender well on your M1009

CUCV IRL said:
Hi Armada, I was just going thru old postings when I came across pics of your M1009 lift. :shock: I was very impressed with the condition of the front fender well of your truck. What did you do to get the fender well to that condition and what paint product did you use? :eek:
Here ya go - new replacement fenders for $50 each (plus s&h of course).

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/bzc/0021.html

LMC TRUCK is THE place if you are rebuilding an old Blazer...

jim

ida34

I just got one on Ebay for $70 shipped. Then I saw another guy selling both sides for only about $20 more. Shipping them together means getting lower shipping.

Armada

What did you do to get the fender well to that condition and what paint product did you use?
I degreased, sanded the loose paint and rust off, etched with phosphoric acid (product called Rust-Mort by SEM), primed with zinc oxide primer, and topped with a semi-flat paint from Krylon called Rust Tough Enamel.
I finished the whole undercarriage this way. I was lucky as there was no rust through. I'll post more pics when the truck is completed.

bear76

Did you take the body off? Or did you do all of that with it on? Looks great!

Also, how dose the front ride compared to stock?

Armada

Bear76, with the new springs it rides maybe a little firmer, but nicer. Under load there is no arc to the new front springs. The OEM springs neg arc under load..
The blazers' short wheelbase makes for a choppy ride anyway. A full tank of fuel helps smooth the rear though.
I should have taken the body off, it would have been much easier! But all of the undercarrige, floor pans, skidplates, bolts, brackets, etc, etc, looks like the fenderwell pic. The truck is now in storage until next summer. Here's some more pics.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks