• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of Hood Locks?

sixfeathers

Banned
GPS trackers

Are becoming less expensive..You can get a lojack installed in cab for about 500.00.. Hell with all the parts on a truck they would never find the damn thing.. Just remember to replace batteries after 2 years.

Learned this the hard way..

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The deadbolt mod to the drivers door has all but eliminated worries for me. With a hardtop, it would force them to start breaking that thick military door glass. I keep it in first low to make it harder to tow away. And I do keep the steering wheel chained, mostly for liability reasons, to show that I have done everything possible to 'safe' the truck.

The mere visibility of the deadbolt door lock turns away most would be mil-veh crooks who know these trucks have basically no door locks in the first place.

If you are intent on a hood lock, you could find the kind used for hot rods and use a pair of those, then do the side panels so they only open from the inside once the hood is open. If the hot rod style hood pins don't work or are too short, you could take a piece of 3/4"x3/16" steel bar stock and weld it as an upright on the top rail of the assemblies on the right and left sides of the front. This means weld them onto the flat 1" by 1/4" rail that is just above the headlamp. The hood rests on these when shut. They will protrude through the lower hod lip and the hod itself, and then you can drill them for locks. I think this is described ok ?

Last edited:

sixfeathers

Banned
I ordered some key door lock from a rv and trailer store.. I was thinking I would be able to swith out the old and put a new in.. But that didnt work Because the new lockables; shaft is not as thick. So when you insert it in door it just spinns around inside.. CRAP I wasted 25 bucks on these things..
I was thinking about putting a simple steel latch on bottom of door, Like a shed latch and get a krypton lock to put on them..

Maybe I will just let my dog sleep in her at night..

sixfeathers

Banned
the problem might be that the lenght of the body would be greater than the deuces door. I like the idea. It would be difficult to put this in the door. You would have to take the door skin off to insert latch.. Wouldnt you?
/

yeager1

the problem might be that the lenght of the body would be greater than the deuces door. I like the idea. It would be difficult to put this in the door. You would have to take the door skin off to insert latch.. Wouldnt you?
They make them for panels 1/4" or less. Put it at the bottom (by the access cover) for a easy install.
Tubular Cam Lock, LSDA Security
Then cover it with one of these for a lot of added strength.
Alarms & Anti-Theft Devices - Wolo Door Lock Guard

Should take 1-2 hours max

ShaggyTheGreat

I think a hidden fuel valve is one of the best.

If it were me i would A: install a hidden fuel valve, perhaps in a locked compartment! B: Chain the steering wheel C: Parking brake lock so it is hard to pull it away. D: good old fashion door locks! E: install a valve in the exhaust so if the theif tries to turn over the engine it locks up. F: Hood lock of course, would leave it on all the time, hide a spare key under the dash with a key box or some duct tape. ok, i would make the exhaust valve and fuel valve controllable from an exterior lock box. (again i would hide a key in the frame somewhere so i would never be locked out of my truck.

Ryan123

just put a secret battery disconnect switch just like the master a would be thief wouldnt find it fast enough. unless of course they knew were it was to begin with

w3azel

I agree with others that you don't want to go through to much trouble to try and stop people from stealing the truck. For one the average guy can't figure out how to start these trucks without reading. All my labels are gone and a shop spent an hour trying to figure it out before they called me. For anyone with advanced knowledge you can't do much except kill the fuel. A lockable shut off valve or similar. Even then grinders, torches, bolt cutters, battery jumpers and so on can easily be used to get past any security measure short of putting the truck on blocks when you park it. My security is I lock the steering wheel chain and hope no one would take a one of a kind 12k lb truck that sticks out from a mile away. I'd ask has any one looked into a tracking device?

JasonS

As opposed to stealing, I'd prefer to keep folks from dumping crap into the engine, radiator, power steering reservoir, etc. I like the idea of a hood lock to keep curious fingers out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks