• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of M1009 laptop mount

ida34

I am way late but some people wanted to see my laptop mount. I have a jotto desk that I use in my excursion. I took the top part off and mount it to a bolt that I built into an L shaped bracket. I then put in a metal shock bushing to get the right size for the jotto desk to clamp to. It moves around a little up and down but all in all it works great.

Attachments

cucv11

whats that on your note pad? currious george? just kidden...You may also want to consider the MTD mount from a crown vic interceptor on ebay serves the same purpose.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have hundreds of the jottos at work. Wonder if I can scare one up for my trucks.

Armada

I've seen Chucks set-up. Very slick.
I still would like to know how you drive and play on-line gaming at the same time Chuck ??? :)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOVE IT! I like your background on the laptop - couldn't mount a forward-facing .50 cal in the CUCV, so a desktop background of same is almost as good!

ida34

Yes, I do have experience with typing while driving. I am sure Kenny does too. I really wanted to start a pool at my department to bet on the first person to take out a mailbox while trying to chat on the computer. Oddly enough, the console from my first patrol car is going in my other cucv when I get to it. I can then put my stereo in it and have a place to put cool stuff like my scanner and CB without cutting up the dash. It also has a built in power strip with a nice gooseneck light in red. I will post pics when done.

ida34

I have no knowledge of online game play or SS chat sites. I am a beta tester for the local county wifi initiative so I may have the ability to surf all over town when it is fully implemented. Most of the time I could just drive around in any town to find an internet connection. Most people do not have any sort of security on their networks and I take full advantage of their internet. I know I am a bad person.

ida34

Oh yeah, the note pad is my daughters and it has a magnetic backing on it so it fits right in on the radio dash mount. Also, no "Do you know how I know your gay?" comments about the kissing monkeys.

Anyone that does not know about this statement must see The 40 year old virgin.

cucv11

Re: RE: Pics of M1009 laptop mount

ida34 said:
Oh yeah, the note pad is my daughters and it has a magnetic backing on it so it fits right in on the radio dash mount. Also, no "Do you know how I know your gay?" comments about the kissing monkeys.

Anyone that does not know about this statement must see The 40 year old virgin.
LOL kissing monkeys! Just dont get any rainbows..

ida34

RE: Re: RE: Pics of M1009 laptop mount

I knew I should have taken the pad down for the picture but I figured my son is in the shot too and I did not move him. I wanted to show you guys my softer side.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Pics of M1009 laptop mount

Pretty sure I have a couple of those dash mounts if anyone needs one.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Pics of M1009 laptop mount

Guess its a radio mount. The flat plate bolted to the dash is what I have.

ida34

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Pics of M1009 laptop mount

I was originally thinking about just making the dash bracket into a shelf type of deal but then I thought about making a mount for the jotto desk and it worked out great and I can remove it when I am not traveling with my GPS.