• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of my Deuce.... and girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunboy1656

I like the pics. I would rather see something like this using the flag rather then seeing it burned, thrown on the ground and so on.

Someone left their truck in gear.....

usafe7ret

My thoughts are I'd much rather see the flag draped over her body than that of another fallen warrior!

Yes it falls outside the guidelines of proper flag display, but I can drive around this country in any town/city/village and point out the "improper ..." flag etiquette.

I served this country until I retired. The country, not the flag, which is a symbol of my country. Yet the country is more abused than the flag ever has been now and in the past.

So I say to Progun, Well done. A beautiful girl, flag, and truck!!!!!

hoop

Doing it for a calendar? Last time I checked there were 365 days not 8 in a calendar. Where are the other pics?

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As an active duty service member with a little over 25 years, I am a firm supporter of the flag code. In my household and in my scouting units we treat the flag with the respect it deserves. That being said, if you're gonna bend the rules - that's how to do it. While I would rather the flag not been used, (and I mean that - LOL), I won't get too uptight as I scan the pics repeatedly for 'infractions".

I am proud that members of this site knew the code, knew where to quickly find it and had no problem voicing their opinion on it.

Lastily - I showed the pics to my wife for her opinion and she mentioned there is visable rust spots on the truck - I didn't notice myself, but I'll keep checking.

:)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It may be an inappropriate use of the flag but I would rather see it used for this occasion instead of being burned in public, which is what you see on the tube mostly these days.
While, yes, from a certain perspective there are varying "degrees of disrespect" to the Flag.
However.... In my humble opinion it should be an ALL or NOTHING proposition... either respect the Flag entirely by every stipulation of propriety or you are disrespecting the Flag.

In comparison:
If you put a gun to your head and pull the trigger, there ain't gonna be no halfway DEAD :deadhorse: This is a great example of another "all or nothing" deal.

bratpackdad

Hmm... Between Larry Flint wearing the flag as a diaper or her wearing it as a towel...I choose her. You have to take her intent into account. The intent was not disrespectful; more than likely it was a show of patriotism. Thus, it's her intent to show you her patriotism and not disrecptful. Even your neighbor who hangs his flag inncorrectly has good intentions. Would you chew him out and make him feel stupid or have a beer with a fellow patriot?

Last edited:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Not to step on anyones toes , but I wanted to say this. I dont think he was asking if it was ok or not to wear the flag in that picture. Im sure he just wanted to show his pretty girl , her love for the US ,and MV's off. Larry Flint also had a saying about opinions also.;-)

And ive already said my opinion about it.

-Jay

While I fully enjoy looking at a good looking woman, I think it is in poor taste to offer up either somewhat revealing or completely nude pictures of a woman you love to a large group of guys to ogle at. Every now and then someone in the fire dept will bring in pics of their girl. Den of wolves...

You are a lucky guy to have the girl. Quite frankly, I didn't pay much attention to the deuce rofl

Varyag

Awwww, it is not bad to show off your girl. He knows we can't touch her.

On a side note, yeah not a sanctioned use of the flag but I am sure it doesn't mind being used in a patriotic sense. I do have a pic of my kid as a baby wrapped in an American flag. To me it is the 2 most important things to me, family and country and it certainly isn't there to disgrace the symbol of our country but to show love for it.

mudguppy

with that girl (and alleged truck) in the photos, i can't believe some of you all are still talking about the flag. the OP already stated his beliefs and the idea behind it - he's showing off all the things he loves. some slack would be nice.

the level of curmudgeon-ness around here is astounding. :roll:

flyxpl

SWEEEET I wish I was that flag !!
I aso like the t-shirt idea , and I hate to say it , but just a tiny bit more of the truck to see on the t shirt .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks