• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of my projects

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SWEET rigs !!! :drool:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice projects, must be expensive to work on.
It looks as if the crane outriggers sit outside the tires on the MAN, if so, how wide is the truck at that point?

tcody

Cranetruck,
The crane is an Atlas knuckle boom crane and folds to fit within the profile of the truck. I am not sure if the outriggers are sticking out in the picture or if it is just the angle it was taken. When folded and fully retracted the truck is 8' wide. It is a nice compact unit. The MAN trucks are expensive to work on and not too easy to get parts for since MAN really doesn't have a presence in North America and there were not too many of these made. Guess that makes it interesting!
Regards,
Thane

tcody

Thanks! Plan to add a non-wrecker version of the MAN if I can find a good one. Eventually would like to have a small shop open to the public.
T

tcody

That is a US army SEE tractor - they are still in service. This one came from Germany after the Berlin wall came down. They were made by Mercedes Benz and it is a 419 unimog. The hoe is a case unit and the loader a schmidt. It is a nice compact little tractor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks