• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of my rig new here and part number question!!!

orangejeepzj

I have been lurking here for a while and decided to throw up a couple pics of my rig on here.

1984 K5 CUCV
6.2 diesel engine with 84,000 miles
8" lift
10 bolt front with 456 gears and 38.5x11x15 super swamper boggers
14 bolt rear with 488 gears and 40x17x16.5 gumbo monster mudders
still researching upgrades right now to do to it next
pretty much just a mud truck since it is so high
looking at getting a dana 60 for the front in the future if i can find a good deal on one

not the best pics they were taken from my camera phone

Here she was when i first got her she was painted blue ....???

And here when i have been getting her back to the camo color

poppop

RE: Pics of my rig new here

If it has'nt been said, WELCOME to the site. My Son lives in your terrotory so maybe we can get together sometime when I am coming up. I would love to see your truck in person.

AJMBLAZER

Hey man, good to see you over here.

What's the actual height difference between the two types of tires?

BigB84

Welcome aboard. Cool looking rig! Thanks for the pics. Hows' the steering and ride with the 8 inch lift? Post more pics as you continue you modss

orangejeepzj

I havent measured from the ground to the bumper yet to get actual measurements. All of this is new to me i traded my 94 ZJ (Grand Cherokee) for this, i am used to working on the jeeps but this has been a challenge so far. I am trying to decide what to do next maybe upgrade the front axle to a 60 and then get some matching gears and tires....I am not sure what route to go yet. I may have to end up selling this thing here, i hope not but hopefully things will get better

orangejeepzj

Oh and here are some pics of my ZJ before i traded her

On 35's

On 31's

And i threw one in when i got stuck!!!!

orangejeepzj

Re: RE: Pics of my rig new here

BigB84 said:
Welcome aboard. Cool looking rig! Thanks for the pics. Hows' the steering and ride with the 8 inch lift? Post more pics as you continue you modss
The steering was the first thing to go on this thing, the person before me broke the steering arm from the knuckle i believe and decided to weld the lift block and arm to the knuckle with a allen wrench, half a bolt, and some jb weld. I am still trying to fix it as we speak. But it drove pretty good a lil bit over the road but it has the adjustable rancho 9000 shocks on it so i guess it was not as bad as it could have been a lil bit bouncy.

orangejeepzj

RE: Re: RE: Pics of my rig new here

does anybody know where to get the tool needed to get the spindle nut off, it is a 6 pronged one but i cant find it

Bozor1000

Go to Autozone, Checkers, Shucks, or Kragen. They have the axle spindle socket. It's like $20.00. I had one when I had my K20.

86M10086.2L

I got one for the back at pep boys, the other for the front wheel bearings at a local auto parts store because peps was out of them and I needed it. I think one cost $18, the other $22. good investment for sure

orangejeepzj

I havent even looked at the one for the back yet but if somebody has the part number and maybe a pic of the one for the front that would be a great help to make sure that is what i am talking about

AJMBLAZER

Should look like a really big socket with four prongs sticking out of it or a slightly bigger socket with the four prongs towards the inside. The latter configuration is the best.

Lemme know if you can't find one, I have two and might be persuaded to sell the one I don't use if it will work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks