• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pic's of my winch rebuild

jasonjc

Well I finally got one of my 10K winches from Adelmans. Rebuilt , sand blasted, painted and back together today. Here are some pic of the job. As I know you all love pic's.
I spent day's and day's to get the top and back plate to look like new again. They were so bent up. :p Ya right. :lol: A call to OD Iron got me a new set.

Attachments

OD_Coyote

Excellent pics and timely as well since I will soon be rebuilding the winch I bought from Bigmike! Where did you get your replacement parts for the rebuild from?
I bought a top plate from OD Iron as well.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's great, nice work!!!! :beer:

Armada

Looks great! I can't believe how nice the drum brake looks, unless that's after you cleaned it up. Mine was a nasty corroded mess when I took it apart. I may have a couple data plates for the winch if you are still in need. Let me know.

jasonjc

The drum brake was nice and clean. The worm grear and bearings had alot of surface rust on them. More water in the gear box than oil. But I was able too clean them all up.

I had good luck on the frist whinch. I still have 2 more to do. None of my winch model trucks came with winches.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW! Whatta resto job! Do you plan on spooling some new cable on there as well? The old cable looks usable, but may have been abused over the years....

jasonjc

I will use the old stuff for now it looks ok. The one I will have to cut some off. It has a bad kink in it with some broken strands. 30-40' from the working end. Unless I find a great deal on 600' of 1/2" cable.

And a big thank's to all of you with the goods. It means alot coming from pepole that know about this stuff. And means that I must be doing some thing right :)

jwaller

great job. I have to put an oil seal in the drivers end housing of mine someday. and this is good info for me when the time comes.