• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of Super Singles

yorkgulch

m35a3 wheels

Your wheel and tire combo looks great. I am thinking about 395/85r20's on the m35a3 rims but have also heard that the bead lock rims are not dot approved. Does any one know of a 10 inch wide rim to fit the deuce that is dot approved? I plan on running it on the highway in Colorado and other Rock Mountain states. I was hoping there were some comercial trucks using the deuce bolt pattern in a single configuration about 10 inches wide. By the way how much are the m35a3 wheels and where do you find them?

M1075

Pics of 395/85R20

I don't know much about the M35A3 rims except I have never seen them available! I can say that the Michelin XML 395/85R20 tires are a good match to single out the deuce. Good luck with your project. Here are some pictures of the first conversion I did with 395/85R20s.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1075,

Super pics, I love the XML tread pattern!
Looks like there isn't much room left for free tire movement under front fenders as well as for spare tire (re)location? Power steering?

yorkgulch,

They aren't beadlocks and they may not be approved but A3 wheels are very heavy duty 2 pc 11x20" tubeless rims, same backspace as std. 7.5x20 wheels and special low profile (1") horns or bead flanges to accept MPT tires. These tires have extra reinforced beads and are designed to run with extreme low air pressures.
Non MPT tires like 12.00R20 or 13.00R20 (395/85R20) should not be mounted on A3 wheels. They require a std. 9 or 10 inch wide rim with 2" horns. So better decide on what tires before you start searching for 7 M35A3 wheels. BTW I discovered 3 at Barstow's: 150.- ea and missing bolts & nuts! See attached picture.

Gerhard

Attachments

Last edited:

yorkgulch

super single wheels

Gerhard thanks for the info about the m35a3 wheels. I was wondering wht the mt wheel was. I am probably going with 395//85r20 tires so it looks like the m35a3 wheels will not work. USA6x6 has a supply of them and makes wheels that look good but are beadlocks. The only problem is that I have been told in Colorado that the bead locks are an excuse to pull you over and the fine is huge for none DOT approved wheels. I have noticed that Hutchinson the maker of the m35a3 wheel is now making dot approved beadlocks in 16 inch wheels maybe the 20's will follow shortly. I am trying to put the tallest tires on my m35a2 that I can that have "really good" snow and mud traction and room for at least one set of chains in back. I am not to concerned about getting really wide tires. I have also been looking for Fuso or F600 wheels as I heard somewhere that those rims will work but don't know what size or offset they are. Does anyone know of a rim comparison chart on the web for 19.5 to 24 inch rims and their applications (for junk yard searches). The price of rims and tires is steep so I am hoping to find a deal on at least half of the package.
Craig

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks