• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of the receiver for 'Storm.

Desert Rat

Here's some more pics:

It took most of the day after roasting a drill and breaking a 1/2 inch bit and a few supurlatives.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brent, do you have an image of the hitch-to-frame connection? It's a little hard to make out how you did it.
Also, are you using the standard trailer connector. Is it all 24VDC?

Bjorn

PS. The frame is a bit breaker, that's for sure. I'd get a bigger drill, though. :)

ajg6989

thats the same way I attached my reciever a reese I used the existing holes and then drilled out four more and it fits good but had to use a 5" drop to get it close to a trailer. also want to get one of those triangular shape trailer guides.

Desert Rat

Ok, from Polar Trailer Company here in Houston they tell me they ordered a Hidden Hitch Class 4 receiver hitch for a '74 one ton Chevy. It's a universal hitch with five slotted holes on each side of the tongue. The kit uses three 1/2 inch castle nuts per side. I drilled upside-down after marking each hole to mount in the middle of the frame. The triangle drops well below the pintle hitch, clear out of the way. I'll have the number for Polar Trailer up soon so y'all can call in if you want. $85 was my cost. I hope this helps.

Ugg013

Brent:

Don't take this the wrong way, but why would ya put that kind of hitch on a deuce??????? Also, it seems that it's way to low (I know, not if your pullin an itty bitty trailer) to where it'll hang ya up if ya have to travel in inhospitable places. :eek:

Later
Ugg 8)

PS: I like the junior's nickname, DM. I can't print my son's current nickname.:wink:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like the reflectors on the mud flaps! Did they come with the truck or did you add them?
Reflectors are great at night on the highway. Need to get some.

Bjorn

ajg6989

A civilian hitch comes in handy when all you have is a civilian trailer. and for me the deuce is very veristile and the more you add to it the better it becomes.

Desert Rat

Ugg,

I have a travel trailer in Florida that I need to get back to Houston. Thus the need for the hitch. Plus we can use the car carrier for some heavy duty hauling as well. I like Desert Mouse too! Cool nickname!

Bjorn,

The flaps came with the truck when I swapped the bed for the box. I was thrilled to get the flaps with the set-up. I love them. I'll have some pics soon of the carrage bolts connecting to the chassis.

Desert Rat

Ugg,
Same with us. We're also getting a USAF surplus Suburban too, 4X4 diesel, for highway towing at higher speeds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks