• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of Trip to Jack's Gov Surplus

5tonpuller

My wife came into the room as I was looking at the pictures and left. O well no coffee. She came back in with a towel and told me to clean up the drool. I think it is time to move.

What an area that is. I started looking around on google earth. there are all kinds of goodies in his neighbors yards to. i saw some old nomads, a covair, an old chris craft , and all kinds of heavy equipment. They have sandblasting, welding, and painting facilites right around the corner. there should be a S.S. ralley there. we could camp in the aircraft bone yard...

JDToumanian

It's a shame he won't sell parts.... He has all those V-18A/MTQ pole-setting trucks, and the one shown in this picture has the bed-mounted strap sheave assembly I need (white arrow). I have never been there in person, but I talked to him on the phone and he said he wants to sell complete restored trucks only, and didn't want to sell a strap sheave alone because he needs them to stay on his complete trucks. This truck is far from complete, and probably will never be restored. Mine is nearly perfect but is simply missing a few parts.

Maybe I should just show up there, and could try to talk him into selling that part.....

Keep in mind that Jack knows what he has and what it's worth.
I hear he wants $13,000 for a mule.... I would say he knows what he's got, and wants to set records for what it's worth.

That said, I would pay somewhat irrational prices to make my V-18A/MTQ complete.....

Jon

Attachments

Last edited:

Gunfreak25

How odd, anytime I have talked to Jack he has always told me that if I needed a part I could just drop by, pickup some tools and go get the part off a truck myself as he does not have time to do small stuff like that. Of course, my truck is a M211 and I believe he said he has several dozen parts trucks that were used as range targets for the Military. I believe it all depends on what he has and what the item is your looking for. He also has great prices on tires and tubes.
I onced asked if he had a good hard top for an M211 and he said since he only has a few hard top equipped trucks, he would not be able to sell one to me as they are pretty tough to find. I would agree, a guy named Jack definitely knows jack!

Preacherboy

I happen to be going to Jack's today to look around, only thing I'm interested in is a CUCV II grill guard and tow shackles...he probably won't have it and if he does he probably won't part with it; but I can at least have some fun looking around.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am without words, that is nothing short of amazing, I think I need to rethink my vacation plans! Thanks very much for sharing Kevin and as far as your pics go I did not see a bad angle any of them and I look forward to seeing more when you get back from your next visit! Thanks again for sharing
KK

Gunfreak25

I don't know where some people got the idea that Jack does not deal in parts. He is most certainly glad to help people out with parts when he can. But he will not part out a perfectly good complete vehicle. Don't know anybody that would. He currently has a couple dozen M211 parts trucks that were used as range targets in the Military. Most of the body pieces are shot from bullet holes but there's still LOTS on them to be scavenged. I will be picking up as much as I can when I am down there. Jack also just purchased even more land, so he is expanding!

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sure looks like its from the cargo variant as our group owns the tractor, and those mounts don't look familiar to me. But its definately that class, too bad the tires are in such bad shape they are getting scarse. Bjorn could ID this better, he's been on top of our project almost from the start. And he has a Ford 8X8 too.

Preacherboy

My visit at Jack's today was amazing! Lots of m37's, m715's, lots of everything really! Even helecopters! On top of that we got repeated flyovers from a-10's and Blackhawks!

Jack is a super nice guy and he will build you whatever you want and has lots of everything! My wife thinks the m37 ambulances are cute...huh, that sounds like a green light for me to get one!

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to Jacks about two weeks ago, did not have much time to look around but..man does he have a lots of MV's!!!
Great guy to talk to!!![thumbzup]

Wolf.Dose

I'm not shure wheather this is the side I was looking for to place this post, however, too many possibilities.
Here are some pics form Reomie B.V. in the Netherlands ,were I just was. Address is 6576 Ooij, NL., Erlecomsedamm 34, internet www.//reomie.nl. You will find it with google or simmelar.
Here are the pics.
Wolf

Attachments

Last edited:

Wolf.Dose

I found a supplier for new Jeep wheels ( 4 1/2 E 16 ), which are no more available in Germany from local makers for the numbers during the years went so low, that they are not interested any more to make them, even they still have the molds.
I also found that they have hundreds of MUTT engines and Deuce (2 1/2 ton, 5 ton, 10 ton) engines including tons of spare parts, NOS, from piston rod bearings to pistions, boxes filled with valves, boxes filled with gasket sets, 20 feet container full. If you look at the internet side, what they prommise I think they can keep and supply.
Need a M48 tank engine, no püroblem, a dozer front kit including aror, no problem. Just endless.
I walked about one hour over the place, the pics are just a short summery.
Wolf

RavageRitual

I don't understand the yards that keep these badass collections to just see them rot... Is it mainly to say "look at all my cool ****" and then it just rusts and returns to the earth? Makes me sad, but I guess it's their choice to do as they will with what they bought.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks