• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of van body removal

Brandon thank you agian the pics are great . got home and started striaghtening the front fender and cutting the brackets for the hitch. you are a great Man. made my dream a realality thank you . Kenneth

KaiserM109

Part of getting a Colorado title, I am told, is to have its weight confirmed. Can anyone tell me what that's all about? I remember an old truck that my dad had in the late '50s that he had to pay "Ton-Mile" taxes on. Would it be to my advantabe if I lifted the bed off my M109 and had just the frame and all weighed? The spec's say the truck weighs just under 15,000 lb. How much will taking off the box reduce that by?

I started work this last week after 5 months of looking, so I have been skimping on bills; I haven't gotten the SF97 on the truck yet. I will probably do that in January. I got the truck in July so I am easily inside the 1 year limit.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brandon, how did this all play out. Did you have a chassis/cab and bought the van body or did you buy the truck as a whole and sold the chassis/cab to Kenneth? Another question, did you have to use the stiff legs when pulling the van body? I know with my little 2 1/2 ton crane, I need them for even cargo bodies.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good pics of the cranetruck in action. Just a question: I noticed this isn't the only time you have said the phrase "Let the smoke roll!". Is this your motto, Brandon? I heard it in the recovery video of the M123 as well.

Kenny Brandon just used the lift to lift it up the 5ton tiited a little and it came up it was great i love watching it in action.he purchased the with no bed and sold it to me just used it to go get the van body this green fever is very contagous Kenneth

AMGeneral

Kenny,actually bought Kenneths truck without a bed and used it to go and pick up the van body from the site we purchased earlier this year at work.Didn't have to use the outriggers or the gin poles for the boom,just backed it up and started lifting.

MD,actually the "Let the smoke roll!" comment was uttered by rdixiemiller when Clinto was filming me taking off with the 2nd M123.

As per the "chase vehicle",I'll let Kenneth comment on that,definetly a fuel efficient vehicle though!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is making me think and bad things happen when I think too much. Since I have a crane, I'm thinking about getting another shopvan body and working it into a primitive camper. I bet I could swap back and forth between beds in an hour or two.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Kenny, I was thinking the same thing. A 109 box will not fit in a deuce bed, but it would sit just fine on a drop side bed with the sides removed. The only thing is your looking at around an 18-19 thousand pound truck with just the bed and box. Add in whatever you put in the box and (my truck anyway) isn't going faster than 25mph.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks