• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of Your Deuce Interior tricked out nicely

broadsword71

OK...So I am planning on several interior mods on my Deuce. I have been researching threads on this and there is not much aside from "zillamatt" for heat and noise proofing the cab. Have any of you guys upgraded your interior to some nice creature comforts. All the goodies! I'd like to see your pics on what you have done.

This is my pending plan: zillamatt, CD player, AC, couple decent leather captain's chairs with arm rests from the junk yard, I already have heat, well lit Marine grade guages, limo tint, LCD screen for back up camera, lockable glove box, custom built cup holders.

I'd like to rhino line over the zillamatt if that is possible. Not sure it would work with being plyable. I haven't wored with it before, I know its paintable. I still want to be able to hose her out, or be able to cross a river when the zombies are after me without things being destroyed. So obviously all of my equipment upgrades would be marine grade. I have built several swamp buggies here in FL and seen thousands, and this is doable. I am very curious if anyone has done anything like this here, and would love to see your mods!!!

Also I like the idea of a safari style rack on the roof. I can't stand the expanded wire metal baskets that are often used. A cheap pipe bender from harbor freight and my mig welder. Add that to the cab mod list.

Just a wish list. :drool: What a great hobby I found!

Last edited:

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have air ride seats in my 5 ton. After I get rid of the parking brake, and transfer case lever, I plan on getting a nice center console.

broadsword71

Nice...ahhh yes a center console!!! Im torn between dual captains chairs or having a bench for the little ones. I will have it if i go with the Captains chair on pass side. I have an air ride driver seat in mine. I'm not impressed with it. My last deuce was spring loaded and road much nicer. Not sure if my adjustment knob thingy is not working or if it's just the way it is. I've heard of others on here complaining about it as well.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A CD player in a Deuce is going to make as much sense as a laser sight on a sawed-off shot gun. You'd be better off with some nice earphones and an Ipod, you won't be able to hear anything in a Deuce.
The rest sounds doable.

broadsword71

LOL yes....that is definently pending. I will wait and see how the zillimatt works. If I en-capsule the entire cab with it, including the roof...it might work.

Love the laser sight scatter gun analogy! 8)

A CD player in a Deuce is going to make as much sense as a laser sight on a sawed-off shot gun. You'd be better off with some nice earphones and an Ipod, you won't be able to hear anything in a Deuce.
The rest sounds doable.
Now let's just take a look at these statements for a moment.
A CD player in a deuce will work just fine as long as it's parked. We all know how a deuce rides and how CD players behave when being bounced around, but it would work just fine once you get to the campsite and are ready to start setting up, or if you're out working on the deuce it's self. Otherwise when you're driving, just listen to the radio. (unless you got one of those slick new stereos with an AUX. input to plug an ipod into)
A laser sight on a sawed-off shotgun may not be worth a pile of puppy poo if you're shooting, but when you're done shooting, you can still play with the cat and have a good laugh!
As for not being able to hear it, you'll hear it fine if it's parked. My deuce has a muffler on it and my wife and I can talk going down the road and not have to yell. (unless we're arguing) :mrgreen: I't all about finding the silver lining! :wink:

broadsword71

Now let's just take a look at these statements for a moment.
A CD player in a deuce will work just fine as long as it's parked. We all know how a deuce rides and how CD players behave when being bounced around, but it would work just fine once you get to the campsite and are ready to start setting up, or if you're out working on the deuce it's self. Otherwise when you're driving, just listen to the radio. (unless you got one of those slick new stereos with an AUX. input to plug an ipod into)
A laser sight on a sawed-off shotgun may not be worth a pile of puppy poo if you're shooting, but when you're done shooting, you can still play with the cat and have a good laugh!
As for not being able to hear it, you'll hear it fine if it's parked. My deuce has a muffler on it and my wife and I can talk going down the road and not have to yell. (unless we're arguing) :mrgreen: I't all about finding the silver lining! :wink:
I love it hahaha. But I will say from experience that the marine grade CD players can handle quite bounce before they skip. They have come a long way. But the point is well taken.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love it hahaha. But I will say from experience that the marine grade CD players can handle quite bounce before they skip. They have come a long way. But the point is well taken.
Okay now what you CAN do is mount you one of those nice quiet Honda generators in the back, put in some subwoofers and really nice big speakers, and some DJ equipment and you're ready for a mobile party platform. Just start spinning up the Hip Hop and Rap.....

Uh, Okay, maybe we should check that. How's about some nice Jimmy Buffet and Beach Boys. Take off the cargo cover and put in some Tiki Torches, and hook up an Industrial sized blender and park on the beach.:cool::cool:

If you shell out the money for a nice marine-grade CD player that'll play when bouncing, or if you just get a $30 cheapy stereo from Auto Zone, You prolly don't wanna fiddle too much with changing disks while driving. I consider a CD player in a car or truck just like the bathroom in a motorhome. It's great if you have one, but you prolly would be better off if you didn't try to use it while driving!
:jumpin:

broadsword71

Now your talking....how about a grill along one side, small fridge, pull the cargo cover off and add the cooling misters hooked into the 50 gallon fresh water tank with the 12v bildge, and come on let's not forget the HD flatscreen! :doghead:

broadsword71

if you shell out the money for a nice marine-grade cd player that'll play when bouncing, or if you just get a $30 cheapy stereo from auto zone, you prolly don't wanna fiddle too much with changing disks while driving. I consider a cd player in a car or truck just like the bathroom in a motorhome. It's great if you have one, but you prolly would be better off if you didn't try to use it while driving!
:jumpin:
lol!!

Okay now what you CAN do is mount you one of those nice quiet Honda generators in the back, put in some subwoofers and really nice big speakers, and some DJ equipment and you're ready for a mobile party platform. Just start spinning up the Hip Hop and Rap.....

Uh, Okay, maybe we should check that. How's about some nice Jimmy Buffet and Beach Boys. Take off the cargo cover and put in some Tiki Torches, and hook up an Industrial sized blender and park on the beach.:cool::cool:
I dunno about hip-hop or rap without wanting to shoot something, but the whole Beach Boys, Buffet, beach, tiki torch, and blender thing, bring along some Dick Dale for when the blender is running and don't forget to invite me! :mrgreen:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now your talking....how about a grill along one side, small fridge, pull the cargo cover off and add the cooling misters hooked into the 50 gallon fresh water tank with the 12v bildge, and come on let's not forget the HD flatscreen! :doghead:
Not mine.

Attachments

broadsword71

Not mine.
Man that is sharp! Nice work whoever did it. I often ponder the camper conversion. But love to just have a open truck bed deuce. I always figured if I wanted to do a conversion I'd just buy another deuce and convert that. But you need money to do that. And the money tree isn't producing that much this year!