• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics or opinions on hauling 2 M105A2 trailers? On 1 trailer.

chevycrew

I have seen pics on here...but I cant find them.

I have the dimensions on the M105A2 trailers, and I have seen the first trailer on backwards, then the second trailer backed up tight up too it.

Anyone know how compact of package this will make?

As is what is the minimum length of trailer required to haul both at once?

I am planning on using an 18ft (deck length) car trailer. I think I will be fine, but will have the tongue on the rear trailer hanging off the back of the deck by a few feet.

THANKS!!!

kcimb

RE: Pics or opinions on hauling 2 M105A2 trailers? On 1 trai

I remember someone hauling 2 back on a 15 foot trailer...with a dodge 1500 truck. Seemed to work fine. You can slant stack them and if you have enough straps to tie them down you ought to be fine. Just don't do Slaloms with it.

chevycrew

Thank you guys, that exactly what I was needing.

I think loading them backwards is the way to go. I like that one, will fit under the other if you remove the racks.

Does it require any tools to remove the racks? If so what?

Thanks again

jasonjc

You shoudn't need any tools. But some spray lube, rubber hammer and pry bar would be good things to have just to be on the safe side.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The racks should come out with a minimal ammount of brute force applied in an upward motion, but years or rust/dirt collecting in the stake pockets sometimes makes it a bit of fun. There are no bolts/pins/etc that are supposed to secure it in there if thats what your wondering about.

citizensoldier

Yes backwards is the way to go gives you more toung weight and should pull easier and more stable. I wanted to do that but it was -25 actual temp without the wind chill.. So after ripping some skin off from freezing to the chain and a un- patient fork truck driver we just went for it.. We drove home in a blizzard but made it ok.. :D
Oh.. I have seen bolts through the side racks before so maybe bring a compact socket set and wrenches..Dead blow hammer works good on the racks too..

Blood_of_Tyrants

Some people know this but others don't. When you load a trailer the trailer MUST have more weight on the front than the back. If you load the trailer so that the tongue wants to raise up in the air, the trailer will be UNSTABLE and fishtail like a, well, a fish. And if the trailer is big enough, it will cause you to have an accident. If you have ever watched a small trailer behind a truck that couldn't see what it was doing fishtailing like crazy, then you will know that the trailer was not loaded properly.

redcatcher06

I have seen pics on here...but I cant find them.

I have the dimensions on the M105A2 trailers, and I have seen the first trailer on backwards, then the second trailer backed up tight up too it.

Anyone know how compact of package this will make?

As is what is the minimum length of trailer required to haul both at once?

I am planning on using an 18ft (deck length) car trailer. I think I will be fine, but will have the tongue on the rear trailer hanging off the back of the deck by a few feet.

THANKS!!!
I just hauled one to San Antonio, Tx and i put it on my upper deck (10' long) and it hung over the front of my trailer about 2'.