• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

picture of starter wire hookup for mep003

R Racing

I just picked up my mep003 from Pa and all the wiring is removed from the starter. My phone wont let me view TM`s and our power and internet is still out can anyone e please post a few pictures of the wiring that goes to the starter to give ne a clue were things may go it would be greatly appreciated.

JIM

derf

Looks like:
Ground battery cable goes to G, another cable goes from G to chassis ground.
Hot battery cable goes to B.
Small wire goes to either 12 or S, depending on starter type.

Can someone verify this? The small wire should go to 11 or 12, I'm thinking 12, but it is hard to tell from the pics and my 003 is far away.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the top of the control panel, there should be a schematic.

My mep002 has 3 small white wire.... one is smaller than the other 2. the smallest one on mine goes to the solenoid small stud. The other 2 go to the pos and neg battery wires on the starter.

You may need to chase the wires into the control panel to identify them. (mine have no visible wire numbers)

Last edited:

R Racing

Well some bad news. Started chasing wires and found the top center wire on connector j2 is burnt beyond recognition.so is 2I wires going to k2. As well as the glow plug wires. When I opened the control panel it smelled like burnt wires. So its no easy fix.I did hear we may have power back on as soon as this eve.so looks like I have a second project gen.the local radio station said Smeco has 200 Power poles to replace here.

R Racing

It looks like all the burnt wires are in the glow plug control circuit. Im thinking.thinking k2 is stuck or something else is wrong In that circuit to cause the wires to burn off all there insulation.insulation

DieselBob

Man you just aren't having any luck with generators. I would 1st suspect maybe a shorted glow plug or HR1, HR2. They are all on that same circuit.

DieselBob

Well some bad news. Started chasing wires and found the top center wire on connector j2 is burnt beyond recognition.so is 2I wires going to k2. As well as the glow plug wires.
Just a thought but if your harness is toast you might see if you can get hold of the scrapper that Roady got the 003 with the locked engine from. Maybe he would sell the wiring harness for a decent price.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy Robb,
Could you put Kip in touch with me? Or vice versa? I need some oddball parts for my Mep-003a also.
Thanks
Jerry
Jerry, I thought I already did hook you and the Kipman up about your oddball parts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks