• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picture of Towbar hooked up

TOBEXA

WTF MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN these towbar's break your back to hook up and disconnect.........after my fist attempt at using a military towbar, here are my thoughts and questions.........it is not a simple process and if someone has a trick i would appreciate it...!where does the chain hook up to the towed vehicle? 140lb standard for a towbar?(or am i using an extra extra heavy one) not as simple as i hoped it would be....i

dilvoy

Here is a picture of my tow bar after it's been hooked up. It is the best that I have seen so far. It is only 60 lbs. It fits the Humvee and CUCV shackles. It also allows for a one man installation because of the ability to realease the extension legs from their stowed position and if the towing vehicle is close enough, the lunette can be brought forward and easily placed onto the Pintal Hitch even if it is off to one side or the other. It also has an auto lock feature once the extension legs are fully extended. It's rated for use on the latest Up Armored Hunvee.

Attachments

dilvoy

That Tow Bar is made by IBISTEK and is sold to the general public. It is $1,530.00 plus shipping. This is the latest type with the extension legs that auto lock once they are fully extended.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks