• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picture upload questions

5ivepenny

Sometimes my fumbling around gets me in trouble but I am a learn by doing type. I think I have figured out the picture basics. I don't quite understand what the difference between an album and other pictures that have been uploaded. I have not figured out how to use any of the pics I have posted as either my avatar or picture profile, not important to me but curious. Also the only pics I have are on my phone since the computer is new so I have been texting them to my on-line e-mail accnt. then coping to my computer. I tried but cant get the Bluetooth to work (should I see a dentist? ha). This makes them small, unless I copy them as a zip file, then they are huge. Not sure what the better protocol is for this site. Also is there an etiquette for posting to many pics?? obviously no rude content but I imagine for example that deuce enthusiast have seen plenty of ordinary deuce pics?? I am obviously going to document all kinds of stuff about MY deuce cuz it's mine, but how much time should I spend posting it for everyone else to see? Do excessive pics slow down the SS server?? Maybe I am over thinking this, accused of that all the time, but feedback from the more experienced would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

5ivepenny

Also any tips on keeping track of members who have posted useful to me stuff? I have been reading a lot of stuff about my deuce last 2 days and I am subscribed to all the threads I have started of course, but as the threads get longer and I branch out more to read stuff from other people I am losing track of where I saw something or who said it so I know who to thank if I find something useful. Any tips/ advice for thanking members, keeping track of stuff appreciated.....oh I did find that little button in lower left corner of some posts that says "thanks" Is that what that is for?

5ivepenny

If I post a pic on one thread and it is relevant to a different thread is it better to create a link to the post with the picture or repost the picture in the current thread or does it matter? How do you create a link in a new post to an existing post or thread?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks