• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pictures of M172

M813A1

That trailer will hold a 58,000 lbs. D7 Catepiller dozer on it . A m818 can pull it down the road at 55 miles a hour with no problem !! The Combat Engineer Unit I was in , had 2 M818 and 2 M123A1C Tractors and the 5 ton with the dozer on the trailer would out pull a 10 Ton with an empty trailer on the highway !!!

DAS

true.....

A m123a1c is only geared for 42MPH TOPS, a m818 is geared much higher,so that is why.How do I know...I drove and had both assigned to me...We pulled D8 cable blades with rear winchs on M172 low boys....M52s do a good job too..If you want a good time try 5 ton gas job doing it...I have tryed all 4......US ARMY 1965-1971

L999here

...m172 and m172A1...

The M172 is a 15 ton rated trailer and the M172A1 is the 25 ton trailer. Both are in the same TM. That is a very nice mod to a dovetail. I just spent 2 hr time getting the ramps down and back up to off-load my half track...by myself. Took a 2-ton shop crane and lots of cussing...LOL. Those ramps got to weigh at least 450# each. Manual is available from a guy on ebay for $15 or so. Type in 'M172A1'. Sure wish you were closer...I'd pay to have that done to my M172A1 in a heart beat. Gets old to move those ramps all the time,especially by myself. Forgot to add...the curb weight...per TM of the M172A1 is 16,750#.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks