• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pictures of Manual Glow Plug Install Fix?

bigredlab

I have read (and re-read, . . . ) the sticky article.

Does anyone have any pictures of the Manual Glow Plug Install Fix?

I am not quite understanding what needs to be done.

bigredlab

Thank you very much. Pictures of the glow plug module under the dash, I guess.

I'm not quite sure what it means when it says :

if you leave the wire intact just run a new wire from the small terminal on the front of the relay to your switch. on the other terminal of your switch, you need to run a wire to a good ground. . . .
Also, where do you get a momentary on switch? (and what type)

acetomatoco

Can be a spring loaded toggle, a push button, like the deuce starter button or an old ford starter button.... Napa, Advance Auto, junk yard etc

M1075

I am in the process of this manual install and I too had difficulty visualizing everything. I'll try to get some pics posted. In the meantime, there are at least two options I know of:

1. Cut the light blue wire from the glow plug controller under the dash and take it to one terminal of your momentary switch, bypassing the glow plug controller all together. The other end of the light blue wire is already connected to the glow plug relay on the firewall under the hood. Connect a new wire to the second terminal on your switch and connect to a ground. When the key is on and you hit the switch, you will be manually controlling your glow plugs.

2. Remove the light blue wire from the glow plug relay under the hood, tape off, and replace with a new wire. Run the new wire through the firewall to one terminal of your switch. Connect a new wire to the second terminal on your switch and connect to a ground. When the key is on and you hit the switch, you will be manually controlling your glow plugs.

Option 1 is easiest/quickest. Option 2 keeps the glow plug controller (wiring harness) in stock form for later reuse (if needed).

rickta24

I have not forgotten. I have taken pics of everything. I 2nd what mangus said. It's easy and it works like a charm. I will try to post your pics this afternoon.

gt1009

I love how differently everyone does things. Here is my GP switch and I think I'll start a thread tomorrow for the different stereo installs. (switch on left of steering column operates Glow Plugs, button on right operates air horns 8)

Attachments