• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pictures of Memphis REB kit???

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Did you CHECK the 5 threads listed at the bottom of this thread

Thanks guys! I'm either swapping in an air shift t-case or take another sprag case I have and a friend of mine with a machine shop is willing to try and cut some gears. He builds all sorts of gears for the mining industry.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should consider a third option...: for a fraction of what a pair of custom-made gears would cost, you can buy a junker Airshift-TC (one that jumps out of gear), pull the few parts needed to convert your Sprag-TC and eventually let them scrap the rest of it. Then simply swap parts on your Sprag-TC. And after all you could still fab a shift lever if you preferred mechanical shifting over air-actuated...

The advantages of this conversion, compared to the REB-kit mod: less gears to run in constant mesh, meaning less noise & heat, and over all, way less $$$ spent.
Draw back: original T-Case needs to be pulled out and completely disassembled, for the rear output shaft change-over.

BTW: having done this many times already it makes me feel good to have "saved" X-many parts - in still perfectly usable condition - from going to Asia...

The parts pictured below are from T-cases which were going to be scrapped...! I have yet to find one of them, with ANY significant wear on the dog clutch...

G.

Attachments

Thank you, that is very helpful. I've been looking for an airshift t-case with no luck. Would you happen to have all the parts available to do this swap? Thank you again for the help! It is greatly appreciated!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are welcome! And yes, luckily I have all of that.... in my shop! (very close to Montevideo/ Uruguay):smile:

Hang around here and keep your eyes open; possibly even place a WTB-ad in our classifieds section..., one day someone, closer to you, will be replacing his worn-out T-136-27 airshift...!

G.

You are welcome! And yes, luckily I have all of that.... in my shop! (very close to Montevideo/ Uruguay):smile:

Hang around here and keep your eyes open; possibly even place a WTB-ad in our classifieds section..., one day someone, closer to you, will be replacing his worn-out T-136-27 airshift...!

G.
Yikes! Shipping would be spendy! Thank you for all the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks