• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pictures of new 1008

uh60

Hello I am new to this site. I have won a bid on a M1008 and am waiting for the EUC to clear. Its been about 31 day so I am hoping it will clear the first part of may. I will take leave and go home to Utah to pick up. I also won a bid on a STE-ICE set and hope to pick up at the same time. I am on active duty in the Utah National Guard down in Az. My orders end on the end of june. I hope the SF97 will be in my hands by july. Being a older NCO I practice my patiance every day with the lower enlisted. GL will be the real test of my patiance.

Attachments

gocmndo

Great looking truck! I was able to walk around your truck one day while I was inspecting mine that I won in December. I picked mine up about a month ago and have had a blast. Enjoy your truck and get home safe.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look darned nice and welcome to the site. It will be so nice to finally get to hear it run and actually drive it.

Tugboattrash

I've had my eye on 1008s and 1009s for a while now, how does the process work for buying from GL?
Whats the EUC and SF-87?

alphadeltaromeo

Tugboattrash said:
I've had my eye on 1008s and 1009s for a while now, how does the process work for buying from GL?
Whats the EUC and SF-87?
End Use Certificate. You fill out paper work, the GOV investigates you...then 30+ days later you get your approval to go get your truck. At approval, they suck the funds from your account or CC to pay for your new MV and you arrange for pickup within a certain time frame.

The SF97 is the title paperwork. You fill it out, then a few years later :roll: they issue it and you have a title :wink:

It's a fun process, helping to create character and patience in your life...go for it!

Andy

Tugboattrash

Alphadeltaromeo,
Does this paperwork get done before or after winning the auction? Is GL the only pre-registration or is there other stuff that must be done before bidding?

uh60

First you register on the GL site. Then when you win the bid you fill out the EUC then sign it and fax it back to them. You will find all the info at Government liquidation.com

Crash_AF

Yes, you can do the fluid changes while you wait for the EUC...

You can rebuild the engine and transmission, paint the truck and hand stitch a new interior while you wait for the SF97

rofl

Later,
Joe

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Ever work with Cheyene Medevac?

They saved one of mine and rarely will a day go by that I don't thnk about them/that incident. Wrote a letter to the WYARNG public affairs person but never heard back. Made for a pretty decent story I thought. Guess it was just routine stuff for you all though.

JohnFire

Well since I can't have it parked on a city street, it is out of town at an Aunt's up in her yard. So I won't try to do any of the maintanance stuff out there. So I will just have to wait patiently.

Tugboattrash

Can you hit the road with the EUC or do you have to wait for the SF 97? How longon average from winning the auction to leagal road trips?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks