• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pictures of radios wanted installed in growler

jmpogue89

I had / saw a picture, like you I wanted to get the original radio for the vehicle. In the picture I saw, the Thales Tricom radio was side mounted between the front seats and the amp was on the Passenger side of that mounting plate. This particular radio is basically a mount and amplifier for the portable radio. It sits in a pocket of the mobile unit. one is listed on EBay right now for 2500.00. if you find one at a good price make sure to update us.

Justin

killjoy35

I thought I've see an Harris 117F or G version (AN/PRC 117) mounted with a AC power source? I could be wrong. I will look for the photo.

Tony

jmpogue89

I found what I was looking for and installed the Thales receiver unit for the PRC148 radio. It powered up with the cables that were hanging out. Has a 50 watt amplifier that requires a different power cord. Luckily we had one at our museum D035FCD9-CDDE-48CD-BD62-ABE266FB37E5.jpeg