• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pieces of metal from my first oil change in my Deuce :( need help to idendify ??

BRB M35A2C

I am a new member & proud owner of my first Duece. It is a 1989 M35A2C with only 6,972 miles on it. It has a stainless steel water tank & is set up for fire protection, dust control & water transport. I am very excited about driving it and having fun with this work horse. As I was preparing it for a 275 mile journey to our property I discovered 25 pieces of metal in the oil pan as I was changing the oil & filters. They appear to be a broken up spring. The multi fuel motor runs & sounds good with no unusual noises. I am not mechanic but I enjoy wrenching on my other vechicles. I plan on taking the oil pan off as soon as I can. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

mikey

I'm not as experienced as most guys here, but those sure don't look like drop side beds.

Is that an M35A2C with a water tank added or is that an M50A3? What do your dash plates say?

Mikey

rustystud

I would drop the oil pan and check your oil pump. Also there is a regulator on the side of the block just under the turbo. I would pull that and check for the regulator spring. Could be that the pressure regulator is jammed after the spring came apart. That is why your still getting oil pressure, but once whatever is jamming up the valve goes away, so does your oil pressure ! :(

Cruceno

The 4 bits or so in the upper right appear to be C clips or similar. They are more flat and C shaped than the other pieces. Either way, metal in your oil is never a good thing!

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are the bigger pieces. There is bound to be metal residue in the pan that is still there. Better to do some more investigation. You will want to make it home, all in the same day.

BRB M35A2C

It looks like the same type of metal pieces. I appreciate you forwarding the link. Time to remove the pan & get busy with the fix. I will post what I find out. Thanks!