• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pigtails for sealed beam headlights..

GHall

I recently ordered wagner 28v sealed beam headlights from the local parts house for my M932A1. They don't come with the military style pigtails and the pigtails on the origional units are soldered on. I searched around a little bit and found universal pigtails for sealed beams that SHOULD plug right onto the new lights from JEGS and ordered a pair. I havn't recieved them, have not test fitted them and am not positive if they work yet. I will report my findings as soon as I recieve them.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/10402/10002/-1

I hope it's ok to post this link, just trying to help out..

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do the 900 series have that style pigtail? I would have thought they would be the same as a deuces???

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what I thought. Just remove the old pigtails and resoldier. I've done a set and its very easy.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't want to solder the military plugs to the new headlight, just splice them to the H4 pigtail you posted. It is available just about anywhere.

Did that on a M715 with the same light.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warthog is correct and the easiest fix. Use the same wires with the wire tags in the same position as the old bulb on the new bulb and you will be fine using the universal 3 prong sealed beam pigtail connecting to the bucket with the packard connectors.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Warthog is correct and the easiest fix. Use the same wires with the wire tags in the same position as the old bulb on the new bulb and you will be fine using the universal 3 prong sealed beam pigtail connecting to the bucket with the packard connectors.
The above is what I did on my m52, a lot eaiser then trying to source mil. lights

GHall

HMMWV's, 800, 900, HEMTT, M35's all use the same lightbulbs with the 3 wires.
Thats what I figured.

Do the 900 series have that style pigtail? I would have thought they would be the same as a deuces???
This is what confused me, by "that" I think hndrsonj was asking if the M939 series came with the plug and I didn't understand what he was asking at the time because In post #1 I had spoke of the military pigtails and how they were soldered to the leads on the bulb (on my truck) so I thought he was asking about those.

Last edited: