• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pintle safety chain plate

Nick

I posted this over in the trailer forum and don't seem to be getting any leads, so I thought I'd try here since I beleive the part was listed on ebay under M-37s

Does anyone know where I can get one of these plates for the safety chains? Maybe two depending on the dimensions. I have a hitch for my Dakota that makes the chains too short to reach the truck to attach them. If I had a plate like this, it would be right at the hitch and work perfect.

Thanks
Nick

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you use that plate, I would suggest you attach a second set of chains from the plate to your vehicle hitch. That way you have a safety chain connection to your truck and not just the hitch.

Citizensoldier has a plate like that on his hitch, and had the secondary chains. I thought it was a real nice setup.

Nick

If you use that plate, I would suggest you attach a second set of chains from the plate to your vehicle hitch. That way you have a safety chain connection to your truck and not just the hitch.

Citizensoldier has a plate like that on his hitch, and had the secondary chains. I thought it was a real nice setup.

Any pics of that setup anywhere??

nattieleather

I know the early M37 had the pintle hitch bolt to a plate that allowed it to spin, but didn't the later like the B1s have the more modern style where the hitch was formed into the bolt in which case you would need to modify that one to work no? I think HMMWV use a set up like that to but with a hole in the middle for the hitch to pass through.

I hope that makes sense.... I'm not sure what the proper terms are.

Nick

I know the early M37 had the pintle hitch bolt to a plate that allowed it to spin, but didn't the later like the B1s have the more modern style where the hitch was formed into the bolt in which case you would need to modify that one to work no? I think HMMWV use a set up like that to but with a hole in the middle for the hitch to pass through.

I hope that makes sense.... I'm not sure what the proper terms are.

My plan wasn't to use it on my Power Wagon. I have a hitch for pullin the 101 behind my Dakota Quad Cab. And since the chains wont reach the hitch mounted on the truck, I wanted to put it on the pintle plate to be able to use the chains. The pintle on the Power Wagon is different, but I'm hopeing to get something like this for that one, only in a bigger scale

Nick

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks