• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pinz Manifold

Boelt63A

So I broke off a manifold stud and buggered it up a bit. I then took it to a local muffler shop who got the stud out and replaced it. They assured me the stud was in there just fine. That stud is now road debris somewhere. I am intent on fixing this myself and have the correct Timesert kit, but need to drill a the hole straight and square. This is the #3 cylinder. Any suggestions?

Attachments

dc3coyote

Boelt I think you may be in for a project. Normally I would say use a magnetic drill press, I think you may have to just take it easy and be carefull.

Boelt63A

I was thinking about having a jig fabbed up to bolt in place on he existing stud with a tubular extension to keep the drill square to the cylinder head but that in itself might be a project. Pulling the engine and taking the head off would probably be best but I sure don't want to undertake that project!!

Boelt63A

Joe, that is what I have been thinking . Sort of like an exhaust flange with a short section of tube over one hole to keep the drill bit straight. O could bolt it in place and use it as a jig.

O.D. Fever

You don't need the tubing. Rule of thumb is one times dia. is good for a temp. guide. Just position the guide over the hole and lock in place with a nut, then drill it. Tap it by hand, use aguide block if you need to. DO IT you will be fine.Joe P.M. me if you need more details. Joe

Boelt63A

Well it lasted 5 months. Now it is apparent that I need to have this welded up and retapped.

Anyone know what the cylinder head on a pinz is made out of??

I expect it needs TIG welded. Both places I checked with asked me what it was made of and I didn't know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks