• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pioneer rack, need pics of loaded tools

3dAngus

Dell I have a few extra ones used on the hummer, Can I donate 1 for your bobber project..? All I have is the bracket no tools. Tractor supply has them.
You're a good man Don. I have two now, one for my M-37 and one for my bobber. I'm in good shape. Just curious about the historical aspects of it now, and wondering if anyone really ever used it on a deuce. Came as a surprise to me, but, I'm not the most knowledgeable on the green machines. Never noticed one on our deuce in Vietnam. Thanks.

islandguydon

The M109 I got off oddball has one on the drivers side, the spare tire is mounted below it. Let me know if you need anything for your project Dell. It would be my pleasure to send it to you.

KsM715

Maybe the Mods should require new members to put the title into the search box for the first hundred posts before it can be posted....

That would save DH from having to beat on them, unless he just has a Function key that does it automatilcally....

The site already does that. When you type the title for a new thread a little box pops up and says something like "please look through these threads before starting a new thread"

F18hornetM

3DAngus > When I was in the Marines in the early 80's we had them on our M35s and used them. The M35 I have now has one 'and I have the tools in it. If it wasnt raining cats and dogs I'd go take you a picture. Don't know about the trucks used in Vietnam as I'm a little young for that, but I would assume they had them as all our trucks did. M151's, M813's all hand pioneer tools. Funny I can't remember the M923's having them as we just got them when my enlistment was coming to an end.

3dAngus

Thanks Dennis. I'll give you some trade in value on the M105 stand, which, by the way, I just picked it up from USMCtopgun today. It's almost like new. Best I've seen yet.

saddamsnightmare

August 25th, 2012.

Gents:

You have to admit that designing, affixing, and installing the tools in a standard pioneer tool rack is right up there with Werner Van Braun designing the V-2!:p The Marines avoided that whole problem on my M422A1 by not equipping it at all with a pioneer rack..... Fortunately the Swiss Unimog I bought in 2007 had a fully equipped rack hidden in probably the best place for it, full of nice new Swiss made tools.... So when I bought the M35A2 the hardest thing to locate was the correct US D handle shovel, as not just any shovel will fit, it has to be to the correct government specs and length. So yes, Pioneer Racks are Rocket Science! Wonder where the next Joint tactical vehicles are going to hide theirs?????:shock: And you know, that "D" handle shovel is almost the best tool for digging out of the drifts of B--- S--- that we often sling around here, but a good used Army payloader would move some if it much faster.....

Last edited:

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The site already does that. When you type the title for a new thread a little box pops up and says something like "please look through these threads before starting a new thread"
Yeah I know that, but I'm talking about them actually having to look throught the threads. :deadhorse:

That would save me from having to skip past all of DH's beating posts. :razz:

islandguydon

They have the same placement on the 109 as the Deuce. Right behind the drivers door. Dell your M-109 had a water thank mounted where the tool rack usually is installed.

Attachments

joshs1ofakindxj

Has anyone come up with an alternative place to mount the tool rack? I put on a second fuel tank and I wanted to mount the rack and tools somewhere on the truck again.

Back of the tailgate would be cool, but swinging down they would get smashed.

I've seen the rack on one side of the fuel tank but I don't like them sticking out because I do some offroading.

Top of the passenger side fender is a potential because I don't spend that much time there.

I think they're too long to mount on the battery door.

On the hard top would look hoaky.

Any ideas?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks