• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pioneer rack photo's??

vinny-socom1

Does anyone have any photo's of a pioneer rack on a 1968 M35A2 with all of the gear installed? For the life of me I can not see how all of the tools attach?? Any help would be great!!! Thanks

acetomatoco

Three straps is standard the pic with 5 is a fine modification... Your OVM can be painted, varnished, or rusty depending on your local commander's preference which usually changes weekly depending on his mood.. ACE

CGarbee

I've got a page on my site that shows the rack on my M37 in case you'd like to compare mounting.. :)
I've also got the specifications for the tools (the real reason I'm posting the link...).

I've snuck a ziptie onto each tool in addition to the three straps. Easy enough for me to remove when I need a tool, harder for the casual "borrower" when I'm at a show or out and about (and especially at work...) and they add a tad more insurance after a show or something if somebody has managed to loosen the straps "just looking".

See:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos41.htm

At some point, I'll stencil the vehicle number on each tool (got the stencil, just got to do it one day when the tools are dry...).

jasonjc

acetomatoco said:
Three straps is standard the pic with 5 is a fine modification... Your OVM can be painted, varnished, or rusty depending on your local commander's preference which usually changes weekly depending on his mood.. ACE
:ditto: rofl

ONTOS66

Naturally all of our fellow soldiers were trust worthy and would never forget to return a borrowed item ... but every vehicle that I had, in every command that I was in, had the vehicle number stenciled on each piece of the pioneer tool kit. Eg: HQ-3, C-25, etc. For some of my crews I considered including assembly instructions for the pick/mattock ... but decided that close supervision was more effective.
:)

vinny-socom1

pioneer rack photo's

Thanks everyone for the great photo's. It looks like everyone mounts the tools a little different but all in the same placement in the rack. Finally I can scratch that item off my to do list only 245 more to go!!! :lol: .

PWM

It may not be proper military procedure but I have learned to paint my tools, chains, snatch blocks etc. with a color that will show up laying on the ground. It is surprising how fast these things can disappear. I got my truck stuck in a mud hole one dark and stormy night. I spent more time looking for my tools after I recovered the vehicle than I did actually recovering it. At a distance you can hardly tell my pioneer tools have bright yellow handles. On a side note a OD green chainsaw looks cool in a m35 but disappears when you set it down in the woods.

Pete

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks