• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pioneer rack photo's??

vinny-socom1

Does anyone have any photo's of a pioneer rack on a 1968 M35A2 with all of the gear installed? For the life of me I can not see how all of the tools attach?? Any help would be great!!! Thanks

acetomatoco

Three straps is standard the pic with 5 is a fine modification... Your OVM can be painted, varnished, or rusty depending on your local commander's preference which usually changes weekly depending on his mood.. ACE

CGarbee

I've got a page on my site that shows the rack on my M37 in case you'd like to compare mounting.. :)
I've also got the specifications for the tools (the real reason I'm posting the link...).

I've snuck a ziptie onto each tool in addition to the three straps. Easy enough for me to remove when I need a tool, harder for the casual "borrower" when I'm at a show or out and about (and especially at work...) and they add a tad more insurance after a show or something if somebody has managed to loosen the straps "just looking".

See:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos41.htm

At some point, I'll stencil the vehicle number on each tool (got the stencil, just got to do it one day when the tools are dry...).

jasonjc

acetomatoco said:
Three straps is standard the pic with 5 is a fine modification... Your OVM can be painted, varnished, or rusty depending on your local commander's preference which usually changes weekly depending on his mood.. ACE
:ditto: rofl

ONTOS66

Naturally all of our fellow soldiers were trust worthy and would never forget to return a borrowed item ... but every vehicle that I had, in every command that I was in, had the vehicle number stenciled on each piece of the pioneer tool kit. Eg: HQ-3, C-25, etc. For some of my crews I considered including assembly instructions for the pick/mattock ... but decided that close supervision was more effective.
:)

vinny-socom1

pioneer rack photo's

Thanks everyone for the great photo's. It looks like everyone mounts the tools a little different but all in the same placement in the rack. Finally I can scratch that item off my to do list only 245 more to go!!! :lol: .

PWM

It may not be proper military procedure but I have learned to paint my tools, chains, snatch blocks etc. with a color that will show up laying on the ground. It is surprising how fast these things can disappear. I got my truck stuck in a mud hole one dark and stormy night. I spent more time looking for my tools after I recovered the vehicle than I did actually recovering it. At a distance you can hardly tell my pioneer tools have bright yellow handles. On a side note a OD green chainsaw looks cool in a m35 but disappears when you set it down in the woods.

Pete

Attachments