• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pioneer Tool Trailer, 3Kw Won't Fit

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have started cleaning up one of the shorter Pioneer Tool Trailers I 'won' at Camp Shelby last month. Other than one of the clam shell doors missing a hold up the little trailer is in pretty good shape even with it being a third full of water for a year, the landing leg pin has a long stroke on it, no doubt too hard for the EM dropping it off in the holding yard. I was amazed that the two HD power tools laying in the water started right up after a liberal dose of WD 40! Anyway the question I have is, my full size PTT has a fitted area for a 3Kw gen set. this smaller trailer has two rails to retain the gen set but the rails are only 15 5/8 by 24 inches long? That foot print is too small for any military gen set I know of, it is even too small for a 1.5Kw. Any Ideas?
James

Attachments

Chief_919

If I remember right those rails go on the inside of the frame for a MEP-016. I am positive they MEP-016 series is what goes there, in fact the whole reason for the diesel engine upgrade for them instead of replacing them with newer units was that the newer units would not fit in the pioneer trailers.

If you see any mroe pioneer trailers for sale I would love to have one.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rails are too close together to get a gen set in there, my full size trailer is 130 miles away but I am sure a gen set can't fit between those two rails!

Chief_919

The rails are too close together to get a gen set in there, my full size trailer is 130 miles away but I am sure a gen set can't fit between those two rails!
It doesn't go between the rails- the rails fit to the inside of the frame. The MEP-016 series is surrounded by an aluminum frame, and the set itself sits several inches above the ground with only the rails to the outside of the set actually touching the ground.. Those rails fit to the inside of the frame instead of to the outside, so the set itself is actually sitting above the rails.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i too am or was hoping to install my new 3kw inside the tool trailer.. now i will have to go and see tomorrow if it will

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 16 in the tool shed, I will get some measurements this morning, I hope Chief is right, but it sure looks small. I also have a 3kw diesel gen set I am going to see about fitting as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

GerWJ

morning.... just traded for a tool trailer and looking for help with manuals or at least a list of what goes in the back.... can't seem to find out much info on the tool trailers.... got manual for frame part
thanks for any help

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks