• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pioneer Tool Trailers at Camp Shelby, MS

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last week I won two Pioneer Tool trailers(the short type) located at Camp Shelby, MS. When I bid on them I assumed they had to have an EUC, like everything else, nope! Now I may be in a fix, I am on vacation next week if I can't get them to extend the pickup window is there anyone near Camp Shelby that could make a pickup for me, and hold them for a week?
James

PS: I guess it would be asking too much for the GL guys to take the time to put the foot down when parking a trailer, flooding is tough on tools.

Attachments

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i am picking up the other tool trailer tomorrow.. i dont know if i have room for 3 on my trailer. picking up some other stuff too in hattisburg

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ohhh and one of those now has a flat.. the one that had a spare up inside it.. i looked them over a week before

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wondered who got the other one! If I had a way of getting three on my car hauler I would have given you a run for the third one, these are great trailers. I am going to call the lady there today to see if she will let me pick them up July 14-15th, if so I will be ok, I just don't want to loose them especially at the price we got them for!!!!!!
Below is my first one and the only thing that was in it, and now I can't find the manual!
James

Attachments

StreetbikeDepot

I have 2 complete engineer pioneer tool kits that I'd sell. Two crates in each kit, completely full of picks, shovels, hand saws, axes, bolt cutters, rope, twine, grapple hooks.....all sorts of stuff. I have an itemized list if anyone is interested. PM me.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tim:
Did any of the power tools in the trailers actually look like they were usable? I know several look like they are under water in one of my trailers, so not much hope for them.
James

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got them home

Finally got my two shorty tool trailers home, not too much rust caused by the 20 gallons of water in one of the trailers but the power tools should clean up for display anyway! One other plus with these trailers is all tool locations are marked with small aluminum tags, a nice feature.
James

Attachments

M813A1

Nice Score on those pioneer trailers !! When I was in the 841st Combat Engineers the unit had 3 of those trailers, and they are sweet with all the tools loaded into them !! I would like to find one loaded with tools !! Good Job !!!

M813A1

Nice Score on those pioneer trailers !! When I was in the 841st Combat Engineers the unit had 3 of those trailers, and they are sweet with all the tools loaded into them !! I would like to find one loaded with tools !! Good Job !!!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M813A1 - Came by your home town on the way home yesterday, I had to head to Ft. Sill for 13 mechanic tool sets and an M101A1 to bring them home in! I went through Tulsa on the way there and they ate me up for $16 in tolls, I remember why I travel HY40 to OK City now.
James

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the only reason i bought that one was because it was in great shape.. no tools but all the tags are in place.. showing the saw, jack hammer, grinder.wheels sander , ext cords with glasses drill locations.. every is marked.. i am making up my mind if i need 2 of them as i have one already

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For anyone interested I have run up on a copy of manual for the tool trailers, a lot of it covers the individual tools but it does cover some of the trailer layout. If you want a copy PM me.
James

T E C H N I C A L M A N U A L
OPERATOR AND UNIT MAINTENANCE
(Including Repair Parts and Special Tools List)
F O R
PORTABLE ELECTRIC TOOLS
TRAILER MOUNTED AIR DROPPABLE
PIONEER TOOL OUTFIT
M O D E L 3 2 4 0
PART NUMBER 13217E0400

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was wondering how folks got the trailers on the hauler trailer. Do the site people help or do you have to devise a way to get them on?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends on the site and the day! At Shelby a soldier help me load the trailers with a 20k forklift, at Hooks a GL employee sat on a forklift while I winched two M105 up on my car hauler, they wouldn't even help me pull it our of the line of trailers! So it just depends on the location.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got a tool trailer at hooks? They run hot and cold down there with loading, but I would take air tank in case a tire is low, if you call they may be able to tell you of any defects so you can plan ahead. They are friendly enough but for them this is just work not a hobby.

xiongy

Finally got my two shorty tool trailers home, not too much rust caused by the 20 gallons of water in one of the trailers but the power tools should clean up for display anyway! One other plus with these trailers is all tool locations are marked with small aluminum tags, a nice feature.
James
Weren't you worried about the trailers sliding left/right when you made a turn? You only seemed to strap them to keep them in place during starting/stopping.