• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pioneer tool trailers

citizensoldier

I wondered what the brackets on the passenger fender were for. Very very nice work. You thought it through and did in right.. My plan is to do something simular with mine only on the carpenter end of the scale. Would be nice to have two , one for each type of work.
Very nice.. You have any of you set up and working out of it? Would love to see it all set up and in the field. :p :jumpin:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are really nice trailers - I'm trying to convince my buddy near me who just bought a M37 for the first time to get a pioneer tool trailer as a camping setup for his new rig.

Coleman's up in PA still have about 6 for $500 ea, no title.

ONTOS66

I had never heard of the darn things until they showed up in a conversation a month ago.

I bought one locally last month. It is the M116A1, I'll post a photo later. The guy that I bought mine from also has the older, smaller, one for sale for $300. If anyone is interested I'll see if it is still available and take some photos. It was raining the last time I was there and I was busy getting mine out of the muddy field (playing with the CUCV 4x4).

GL had several of both styles for sale in the past month.

Speaking of which - I didn't realize that the M1009 has the smaller electrical connection (for the 1/4 ton trailer) I couldn't get the M116 connection to fit so managed to drag it home without lights. If anyone has a manual it would be interesting to see. I do have TM 9-2330-202-14&P in pdf, but it is for the M116A2 and later. Different support leg, hitch, etc. Would be interesting to see the manual which has the tool trailer info.

I was thinking of a combination camping / service trailer. Generator, air comprerssor, plus bulky camping gear, automotive tools, etc. This spring I'll start with new hinges, sand blasting and paint, then go from there.

RICE670

Glad you like it. It is very handy for the type of work I do.(Heavy equip. repair)
Here are some pictures of my other tool boxs on wheels.Poor picture of my cucv wanna be.(has a complete NO.7 set wedged in the back) the other is a 6217 contact truck(soon to be the main service truck)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love the 6217s. Ironically thats my CCN (badge) number at work and has been for going on 19 years.

odjeeper

Very Cool Thread...

I am a serious fan of the tool haulers, from pioneer tool trailers, to contact maintenance trucks, to shop vans, etc. Especially if they are still used as such or restored to their original configuration by their civi owners. This thread has sure been informative for me as the owner of a later series pioneer trailer.
Rice670, man you've got some cool stuff, thanks for the photos, I would sure like to see more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks