• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pioneer Tools for M135

dabtl

I have been looking about and I cannot find any source on what pioneer tools were in the M135. It would appear from what I can find that only an axe and shovel were in the cab storage?

Anyone have an idea on this?

the roofs side panels stored close to the floor and strapped to the back of the cab . I found this out in one off the parts trucks I bought the straps on the other m211 trucks looked like they where never used to hold anything I would like to see a picture of every thing in place .

Jones

I'm not sure as to placement on the truck but the BII (basic issue items) in the -10 operator's manual usually lists everything that's supposed to be there. That at least is a place to start.

Some of the info is right out in plain sight but some requires reading to ferret it out. Usually in a passing comment like '...the hydraulic jack, which is stowed in the under seat compartment... ' etc.
And count on the info not all being in one place in the manual.
But then, what else did you have to do on a cold, wintry night but curl up with a good TM.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ORD7 G749 will list the OVM, but I can't find my copy. I don't think there is a -10 for this truck. I have never seen any brackets or footman loops that would hold any pioneer tools, only the straps for the cab top parts. GMC must have figured the truck would never get stuck;-)

butch atkins

pioneer tools for GMC

ORD 7-SNL-G-749,pg 12, 1 AXE,chopping,single bit,handled,4 lb. 1 Handle,mattock,36 in.,1 MATTOCK,pick without handle,5 lb., 1 SHOVEL,hand,general purpose,round point,open back,rolled shoulder,tubular shank,size #2,D handle,also a complete list of all of the onboard tools that are issued with the truck,and yes they are supposed to be under the passenger seat,also a spare gas can and holder are listed,if anyone wants this info i will EM it to you,MERRY CHRISTMAS and good luck on your projects

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The parts manual only shows one strap per truck, 1 1/2" x 24" no picture of it or where it goes in the cab.

dabtl

The 24" strap holds the soft top frame on the rear of the cab. The pioneer tools are in a tray under the passenger seat. I think?:?:

That is the result of reading every manual I can find.

butch atkins

incorrect about only 1 strap,there are 2 ,one under the top ledge of the cab body,behind companion seat back to hold the roof and side panels,and the other one is directly underneath companion bottom seat,to hold the pioneer tools.TM 9-8024 pg 527,illus #309,pg 543 illus #324,both strap locations are clearly shown in these 2 pics,ORD 9 shows only 1 strap listed ,but TM 9-8024 clearly shows both straps and locations

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sorry for the confusion I was going out of an early ORD 9 and all it showed in group 18 , 1808 Stowage racks, boxes and straps, listed one strap as ," Strap,webbing, 1 1/2 X 24 in. (pioneer tool) 1ea" it also it is listed the same way in ord 7 dated Feb/52

It also list one strap as " Strap,storage first aid kit, assy (used on vehicles through serial No.
M135-6892) 1 ea"

The ORD7 also shows a "Strap ,asb 1 1/2 X 40 in. (soft top stowage, assy) "

Last edited:

Seatyger

Butch;

Your G749 Obsessive Compulsiveness is definately a well appreciated time saver for the rest of us :twisted: !! If any of you reading this thread ever locate a source for the tools please PM the details.

Hopefully not as rare as Hen's Teeth!

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Jim

badgmc56

dabtl ,That is where my information came from. Great manual to have with lots of info and pictures. Another good one to get is the TM 9-1819AC ordnance maintenance manual.

butch atkins

GMC TMs

here is a list of GMC manuals that i have had downloaded to the Tech Manual under the resorces tab,TM 9-8025-1,GMC 302 motor,TM 9-1819AC,ordnance manual,POWER TRAIN,TM 9-8024 OPERATIONS Manual,TM 9-8025-2 HYDRAMATIC Manual (Tranny),TB 9-2855-40,Installation of heater kit (hot water),TB 9-2855-17,Installation of hard top,TM 11-2300-353-15-2 RADIO Installation,M 135,,M 211.Manuals that i have that are NOT SCANNED are TM 9-819,M135 operations and maintainance,TM 9-1828A,AC and CARTER Fuel Pumps,TM 9-1819AA ,GMC 302 MOTOR,(has section on rebuild and repair of the MIDLAND AIR COMPRESSER ) that TM 9-8025-1 MOTOR manual does not have. Both the ORD 7 manual,and the ORD 8 WINTERIZATION EQUIP for G-749 Trucks,ORD 8 SNL G-749 field and maintanance allowances,and a lot more TBs and other paperwork for these trucks.SO if you need some help let me know.DO I have an OCD ? why he## yes,but it could be worse LOL,WANTED TM 9-1826D HOLLEY CARB manual,TM 9-8627 DELCO_REMY starter,Gen,Dist,Gen REG manual,TM9-1827A&B power brake systems,vacum brake systems,PAY top $ for these manuals,thanks Butch

Hoops

G 749 Pioneer tools

You and I might be the only ones still following this thread. I have tools too, which I have found in hardware stores by measuring and reading scales.
The shovel I had to shorten the handle. I did the same thing for my '56 M37.
Apparently pictures exist in TM - 9-8024 pgs. 527 & 543.
I'm searching the web but ... Good Luck!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks