• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pioneer trailer pics

Alright, I'm back amongst the living, having survived the flu.
Here are the pics I promised of my trailer and myself. I've been reading the forums daily and have been enjoying your pics of your new acquisitions and projects.
Good job and congrats to all !! And thanks for the inspiration.

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vice

Nice trailer, first time I have seen the vice on the fender, do you have the cable reels and gen set for it yet?
James G.

oilcan

RE: Vice

I like the trailer, but what's that stuck to the side of it in the first pic? :wink:
Just funnin' you, of course. Good to hear "the bug" didn't kill ya'.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Vice

Good lookin pioneer trailer my friend! Looks like they shouls have reinforced that fender a bit prior to the vice install.

do you have the cable reels and gen set for it yet?
James G.

No The only accessories I got w/ the trailer were a recovery chain, a huge battery box ( I suppose it held the battery that powered the huge engine in this beast ), and a wheel chock.
The vice is comming off and a new fender will be fab'd
has anyone installled those shocklike lift assisstors like what is found on rear deck windows?
is that sacrilege? :?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
has anyone installled those shocklike lift assisstors like what is found on rear deck windows?
is that sacrilege? :?
Did you ever happen to find lifters that work? I picked-up a pioneer trailer at a local auction and the guy who owned it had removed the "hold open" hardware for the sides, plus all inside tool mounting bosses. He also replaced the rear doors with a solid sheet.

DAP

Yes I am also interested in what you found for hydraulic lift arms. I have a PTT that still has the lock arms but I am so short I run out of reach before it is up and locked. Clam shell hit me on the head once already. Wow really hurts. Finally have inside of PTT stripped out and getting ready to send to sand blaster place and then do a repaint.

Did you ever happen to find lifters that work?
No, I guess I gave up looking for them for now. They would have to be pretty big to lift these doors. Maybe someday I will run into them or something else somewhere that will work. Then, I will proceed to getting back to that part of the project.
I hope to find a more secure method of locking these upside down, backwards bomb-bay doors. Looking at what's like on utility beds, (Stahl, Knaphide).
Good luck on your projects. I'll post more pics of mine soon. I guess it's been TWO YEARS now since I painted my trailer.

Bill

Green_gator

Now that I have the MKT a PTT is the next thing on my list. Light enough to pull with something smaller then the deuce and gives you secure storage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks