• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Piston Rings Worn Out, Time for a Rebuild

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark, I do not remember, did you have valves done? How worn are camshaft lobes?
I did have the valves done. I did not check the cam lift, I did adjust the lifters when when I got back from NY trip. They were only out a few thousand. The engine power changed dramatically when I installed the spin-on filters.
The original filters were collapsed and full of rust and junk. So that's when the original LDT engine lost a bunch of power.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Have you verified the air filter is good? I swappex out an LDS for LDT and was horrified at the power loss, till I swapped in a new air filter, now its back to similar power levels.

Have you verified the air filter is good? I swappex out an LDS for LDT and was horrified at the power loss, till I swapped in a new air filter, now its back to similar power levels.
Was the original filter visibly dirty? Or did the indicator show it bad?

Kinda curious whether the indicator is accurate. (In other words if it's not showing red, I can trust that the filter is ok)

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has a new air filter, new fuel filters also. The FDC has been bypassed from the rebuild faculty. Where can I find the camshaft specifications? I'd like to check and see if it is warn.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The power loss was instant when it first happened, it went from 200 hp to 100 hp as soon as I installed the screw on fuel and oil filters. It was like flipping a switch. I did have a couple times when all of the sudden it had its original power back. Then it would go away. The original fuel filters were full of rust and the water separator filter was collapsed. May be I have a partially clogged fuel line.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Was the original filter visibly dirty? Or did the indicator show it bad?

Kinda curious whether the indicator is accurate. (In other words if it's not showing red, I can trust that the filter is ok)
I never looked at the indicator. The filter looked ok, but was way bad!

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not going to mess with it today, but tomorrow I will pull all the fuel lines and check them, also the adapters and return lines.

I'm a couple miles from the intersection of hwy 25 and 418. Takes me about 30 minutes to get to work over around Woodruff and 385

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk