• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pitmaster T - Cooking on the MKT

pitmaster t

From my "Original Hot and Fast Site" on Facebook by Pitmaster T

http://youtu.be/qf4FGVrdl-A

There's the video. Here are my findings... now I have a direction to go. Remember, BBQ is a back end item for my MKT Flat top project... its mostly Burgers and dawgs...

Well, not sure if y'all remember the "Housequake." That was a smoked bbq 1/2 rack of ribs which was chilled then deep fried to order in 8 minutes. I had a lot of adjustment to do then.

In this procedure I was more interested in logistics versus taste. Theoretically you can cook all night in your bed just thinking about it - but the true test is when you actually do it.

The Pulled pork was cooked to perfection then chilled. Mistake number one... it should be just a little BEHIND perfection if it is going to be chilled, packed, then reheated. I found my signature was gone. So it was a far departure from that. If you watch me prep it on the griddle... I KEPT CHOPPING!!!!!!! To some they love this... to me... nope. You can see here its totally different in todays Video from the Pulled Pork I am famous for locally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BuKmYDSBnQ

So the second thing I noticed was the sauce (even the red sauce I made) did not burn as much as I thought it would.

But lastly.... I realized... hold on..... I am taking way too much space jackin with this stuff. What if I am watching six burgers (WITH cheese Skirts) at the same time. I cant be doing this if I get 6 orders of Pork.

So what I think is.....

1. I am not going to chop my Pork up when its cooked. Maybe the skin... it needs the cleaver... other than that... pull out the bone, pack and chill.

2. I can see me cooking the burgers and if I have a lull I can always toss up a but on the griddle to steam under a hat (by the way... I need more height on the steaming lid but LOVE it being square)... but once it has a bit of a char on it I can toss it in a 1/3 or half pan even and it only occupies a fraction of griddle space I already am using for butter melts, sauce. etc.

3. The chicken sucked as a sandwich.. good taste but messy.... chunck were too large.. I cooked brined thighs in the UDS and chilled them and packed them. But I sliced them. perfect for tacos... a disaster for sandwiched... unless I cheesed them. The meat went all over the place. I can see using the dough knife to cut up a portioned amount for tacos or leave it intact for a sandwich... which then didn't even really need sauce.

In short I know which way to go for this "also serving BBQ."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks