• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

places to off-road

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Invest the time and head to Union Point. Durhamtown is a great place to gut your ride.

Boreal21

Check the forums on pirate4x4.com. Huge offroad community and they'll point you in the right direction on where to LEGALLY wheel locally :beer:

keithc

I have some new 395's that I want to try out. I am planning on being at the SS rally in October, but if you ever want another truck to go along with you I am only 45 min. from DT. Had a blast at last yrs rally.

Last edited:

Mohawk Dave

I read the rules and I beleive it is ok to say the following, I have once before. If I am mistaken, please correct me.

If you wheel a lot, the way we do-road trips and adventures every weekend in another part of the state or different states, then you should check out Trails.com. It's 50 bucks a year, and I was hesitant, but I drank the Kool-aid and I'm glad I did. you can zoom to an area and see what trails are there, then print out detailed pages on it. Other users also put photos/reviews/gps logs, etc on the trails.

And there is like 40 different ways to see trails, ie: off road, fishing, mountain biking, hiking, camping, so on and so on.

I've got my 50 bucks worth as we've used it every weekend for the last 6 weeks or so.

But if you don't travel like us, talk to the Forest Service and BLM and get the trails near you for free.

Happy travels,

Dave

Mohawk Dave

No idea. As far east that I've lived was Mississippi and Illinois. Private parks are all I was aware of.
Come spring, I'm taking a couple months off to do a road trip around the US with my Oh9, so planning has began. And this is part of it. Sorry to the OP for hi-jacking.

-Dave

rjinga

What is the equivalent in GA?

-Dave
Try this: Forest Service Yet Determined.Html&ttype=detailfull&pname=Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest- OHV Riding & Camping

And this too: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5210762.pdf

I've driven on several forest roads in the Oconee National Forest (about an hour away) in the past few weeks. They range from bone-rattling gravel roads ("better" in that sense than the county dirt roads I drove to get to them) to more trail-like (grass between the wheel tracks) paths. I have found more than a few that will be repeat trips: some hills, mud holes, small creek to ford, etc.

I really want to get up into the Chattahoochee National Forest (at least an 1 1/2 hour drive); it has some interesting looking roads, on paper anyway.

I haven't try any of the OHV Trails yet, but I want to. The one in the Oconee N. F. is closed due to storm damage, and all the rest are even further north in the Chattahoochee N. F.

Fleg

Come spring, I'm taking a couple months off to do a road trip around the US with my Oh9, so planning has began. And this is part of it. Sorry to the OP for hi-jacking.

-Dave
It's a different world as far as off-roading goes once you get back east. We truly are spoiled compared to what they have.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks