• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plan B Doors-Or X Doors?

Bdhminnesota

Would you buy the Plan B supply doors, or the military X doors if you were to swap out some soft ones? I'm not worried about keeping it original, just looking for decent functionality...

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan on going with the X doors. The plan B doors just don't look as good in my opinion.

Mark

Augi

Yeah Plan B sucks. I got to look at one up close in person and they used self tapping sheet metal screws to hold everything together.

If you ever get to look at one, look at the roof where it joins the windshield frame on either side of the truck. They ran a long bolt through the frame with a nut on the bottom, but the joint has a huge air gap.

Augi

Bdhminnesota

It wouldn't bother me to much if it didn't. I've heard a lot of the x doors need glass replacement. Is that the case with most of them? Anyone have some they wanna sell?

Action

I had exact copies made for my x-door windows of safety or tempered or?? for $15 each. And, I don't have to worry about scratching the interior of the original x-door windows.
Are the Plan-B windows plastic?

Behr

The plan b doors are light and cheap. Easy to take on and off and easy to fix. Better than soft doors but not as nice as real x doors. So I would say midgrade. Depends on what you want

Army doc

Shop eBay. I switched out my soft doors for x doors that I found on eBay. I had to change out the door seals and several rivets securing the windows. Rivets are easily found at Fastenal. You might need to change out or have extra window bushings. Getting them to seal right with a soft top has been a challenge. The cost was a lot lower than $650 a door

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at the Plan B doors. They are light because they are all aluminum which is nice but I am not a fan of the windows. Being only 1/4 inch thick is a slight concern for me as well. Also they dont seem to seal right but ive heard the with the x doors as mentioned above.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks