• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Planning road trips, anyone need tires?

Desert Rat

This is for the members in the KY/IN/OH and IL ares for my first trip there to Evansville, IN. There is a tire company in Houston selling 9.00X20s for $50 NOS in good condition. 11.00X20s for $75 with new tubes and flaps NOS. I'm asking for an extra $10 each to cover fuel and my time pilfering through the HUGE piles to get great tires for us. If you wish to donate more money to the delivery that's fine too.

GA/AL/FL and Carolina/VA members (Bjorn, this is a HINT!!!!). Is it time to get new 11.00s? (Bjorn, you KNOW the answer!!!!!). I'll be traveling to Atlanta with a car carrier wanting to be loaded down to the max. with tires for y'all too. PM or call me @ (713) 501-1834 to place your orders. Spring Break will be here on the 10th of next month. I'll need confirmed paid orders before the 11th.

Texas members, I'm stoping by Howards on the return trip to fill up my dump truck with all kinds of parts and goodies. Let me know what you need and I'll toss it in my dumper. I'll call Buddy ahead of time to get prices. I need the orders paid for and in by the 13th. Send the money to DK (wife) after the 10th and before the 13th if y'all might be late with the money.

Heck, y'all this is much cheaper than paying the freight for the stuff since I'm planning these trips and doing all the work myself. So y'all can save some cash for other parts and goodies!

Let me know how I can help!

DR

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DR, I would be interested in an un-dented hood, the windshield frame (not the inners), drop side tail gate and a set of west coast mirrors if the price was right. :D

eddiec

cann't really think of anyone who does not need duece tires, including myself. if you've got the room, throw me in a set. don't forget your list for howards when you come this way.

Desert Rat

Ida,

If the tires were used they weren't used for very long. Many still have the nubbies on them.

Hndrsonj,

Mirrors may be a challenge but I believe everything else is an easy find. Hood and windshield frame are about $80 together if I remember correctly from Buddy. I'd really have to dig to find a dropside tailgate but I believe I know where Buddy has one. I think the gate was $75 or so.

For the tires from Houston I need the money so I can pay the tire people. DK and I are living pay-check to pay-check since paying for the lawyer.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Brent, for keeping me in mind. I'm goining to check Berg Tires in Fayetteville first, would like a better "rain" tire next time, perhaps G177's or G286's.
I might change my mind before you leave, but for now, nothing for me, thanks.

CGarbee

Bjorn,
If you do contact Berg and decide to snag some tires, please let me know... Your route to his shop goes past me so you could stop by and visit, or I might be able to snag them for you and save you a trip...

SixBuy

DR, Are these virgin rubber 9x20s or newly recapped A3s? Thought you were gonna PM a phone number in Houston? Have a good trip.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't need any tires! Got a stash from Berg last year. I do need a tire guy to break all these down and swap them out!

Desert Rat

SB,

Check you PM.

Jr.,

I'm getting as close as Greenville, KY (Howard's) for logistical reasons. However, Lance and Eddie are swapping loads with me there. For all those who send their money to me, I'm headed to the tire place this weekend to shop-'till-I-drop! :mrgreen: :jumpin: [thumbzup]

Yeah, Bill and I are in the "Fringe Area" for all the good pricing deals. :(
We need to get a co-op run together - especially for them heavy tires. I'll bet Devin (close to me) could use some stuff as well as Warren in San Diego and the ever resourceful Jones.

Yo Brent, Could you grab me a cover plate for the Master Cylinder?
2 if they are cheap enough - in case I booger up the first one.

If you need some cake for that, let me know and off the check goes.

Many thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks