• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plastic air lines

theanimal

I would really like to get under my M923a2 and 1 by 1 change out every air line on the truck. After looking under the truck I can see that the majority of the lines under there are plastic. My question is if this is just standard air lines like on any big rig or did they use some special stuff in the military? Also I would like to order a couple of rolls but I have no idea what size to get, I figure since its tubing it will be an O.D. measurement but just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help fellas, I am really enjoying this truck and you guys make it much easier to get it up to snuff.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey theanimal how are you doing? As far as the air lines our military trucks go I get everything from a regular every day over the road tractor shop, on my 939 series and the 920 I think everything is 3/8th inch, verify this before you go buy some but I am pretty sure!
KK

therooster2001

3/8 mostly on my 925., although 1/4 on some near gauges. I'd take fittings apart first to make sure. Sucks to be without the right fitting and no truck...

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its DOT rated air line. Its nearly bullet proof - heat being its most vulnerable aspect. Its s vast improvement over copper lines, especially when it comes to vibration & abrasion. I have even used it as fuel line on farm equipment. It takes (not too special) fittings, but still! Most is 3/8", but probably some 1/2" to, around the air tanks. Even though the MV's are configured to military "specs", much, or most all parts can be had at your OTR truck shop.