• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plastic batter box

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have occassionally seen them on eBay but shipping must be nasty.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call some of the big dealers. They definitely have them. You'll pay for them, though. By the way, a lot of people don't know that the M809 series battery boxes work on a deuce. You just have to move the handles, etc from the side of the box to the front of the box. I've seen guys selling plastic M809 series boxes more cheaply because there is less demand for M809 series parts than deuce parts...or so it was before every one started buying M809 series trucks.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last one I saw at Coleman's, out in the weeds, I picked up for $20 in good shape. Plastic battery boxes are where you find them, if I'm ever at a salvage yard, or a parts source, and I see a good deal I pick it up. That one went to builder77, so it's in the truck that was his. Not sure who has that one now.

I know Colemans doesn't have any more. Next time I am at TNJ Murray's I will see if there are any ones in the yard that can be salvaged from the wrecked ones.

OD_Coyote

Call some of the big dealers. They definitely have them. You'll pay for them, though. By the way, a lot of people don't know that the M809 series battery boxes work on a deuce. You just have to move the handles, etc from the side of the box to the front of the box. I've seen guys selling plastic M809 series boxes more cheaply because there is less demand for M809 series parts than deuce parts...or so it was before every one started buying M809 series trucks.
Thank you for the info BKubu. I have never actually seen the battery boxes that are used in the 809 series 5 tons, so you have enlighted me.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks