• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plastic tarp repair

jeli

I have a newer plastic cargo cover. Both windows have the stiching out of them. Someone said you can use a pool repair kit on rips. I'd like more info on this. I'm thinking of finding an extra swatch and getting rid of the windows completely.

devilman96

You can re-stitch them or take them into a awning company and they can repair rips as well as put in new windows if needed. It a very popular thing with the Pinz croud as their covers run well over 1000$ a pop.

papercu

repair

I had a local shoe repair shop glue some cuts in a HMMWV door together looked great and still holding.
You could replace the window with plexiglass and just bolt them in place. Wayne

nattieleather

RE: repair

If you want to restitch them there is a tool called a stitching awl. It is basically an awl with a spool of thread on it. It allows you to stitch the part like a sewing machine just your doing the machine part. They are used by leather workers and canvas places all the time.

Contact cement will hold the window in place till you can sew it.
Barge is a good brand.

If you want to see what it looks like go to this link. That is the catalog for my business. The awl is on the third row down.

http://www.leathernaturally.com/catalog/SEWING.htm

cbvet

RE: repair

I've used a SpeedyStitcher for many years on leather & heavy fabric. They are tough.
The vinyl swimming pool repair kit, with the glue & patch material, from Ace Hardware worked great on my cargo cover. The peel & stick patch they sell wasn't that good.
Eric
CBVET

Mike_L

Vinyl Adhesive

We used an adhesive to repair one of the vinyl/plastic cargo covers on a deuce a few months back. It set up quick and is still holding tight dispite being at the rear corner curved around the bow. We got it at a local tentage repair shop. It is made by R-H Product Co and the product number is H-H 66.

We put it on a patch and around the tear like a contact cement, applied it from the inside, reinforced the tear edges with adhesive on the outside. Looks near invisible when we finished. Make sure you are using it outside though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks