• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

playing around with my M1009

Gunworm

after letting my 1009 sit around and do nothing for a while, my friend and I took it out to the trails around temple canyon, outside of Canon City, Colorado again. i just love how off road capable this thing is without any mods. we were playing around in a big hole in the attached pics. you can see the new exhaust i finally got around to adding. the exhaust on this truck was completely rusted out from the mufflers on back. it sounds a heck of a lot better now, and no more exhaust fumes in the cab is a big plus...it likes to smoke quite a bit up here in Colorado.

big problem i have now is that there is oil leaking out around the pan. I am going to have to pull that bastard and put in a new gasket sometime soon. I welded on little tabs to mount those lights on the brush guard, and i am in the process of building a little box on the inside of the roof to install a stereo. I also had to track down a new headlight harness and replace the plugs for the passenger headlight and marker light. both of them were badly corroded....but all my lights and turn signals finally work.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wrench Wench

Your buddy looks like a grinnin' idiot in the driver's seat in that second pic. Can't say I blame him.

How much chassis flex that thing have in an attitude like that?

that1028guy

Your buddy looks like a grinnin' idiot in the driver's seat in that second pic. Can't say I blame him.

How much chassis flex that thing have in an attitude like that?

Being a full frame truck, the easiest way to tell, is look at the bumpers compared to the body when its all crossed up,
That one doesn't look to bad! A heck of alot better than my 89 civi suburban....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks