• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please help a newbie!

jblueep

My profile says "private" on the left. Why is that? I didn't find anything in the account settings to change this.

m.walker

Congrats on getting the dump , you got a heck of a deal ! Also welcome aboard , some very helpful and informative people here . The 5 tons are great trucks , you'll find out they are a lot of fun and they'll carry more than you thought they could . I've got a 5 ton tractor if you have any questions just ask .

motorolanut

Well it takes 4 batteries total, the model # for the military batteries is 6TL so you can have interstate, napa, pep boys, auto zone, advance auto whoever cross reference them from thier catalog, and yes heed the above advice they are wired in series, positive terminal to negative. If you go to charge the batteries disconnect the cables from each separate one you are trying to charge. Just take a picture or make a mental note of the cable routing from battery to battery so you do not get confused.

Also I would not advise trying to jump start it either from a car or truck, either charge or change out the batteries. See the stick note under the duece forum for big time great hints on things to bring when picking up your truck..

By the way WELCOME!!!!! to SS and You have a great looking M817!! Congradulations!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Private. As you see once you're posts start getting up there in numbers folks wonder if you have a life. I've posted so much look what they call me! Congrats on the M817 tipper

jblueep

Oh, I finally get it. I was thinking "private" meant I had chosen to hide my information. :)

Does anyone know if I need a commercial driver's license in the TX to drive this thing?

jblueep

More specifically, what is the GVWR of the M817? Also, I have a farm, so I might be exempt under farm use if I need that. Anyone know?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks