• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please help identifi this welder

84blue69

Ive been sandbagging and i guess its time to ask for help. I cant seem to find much on here about these welders. My dad bought this thing in 1989 and it ran good till he tried to splice civilian spark plugs and failed bigtime! There isnt one id tag left on it. So i hope somebody can recognise it. I know it is the 4a084 engine and i think it says hobart some place.

Attachments

cornrichard

If you need parts there are complete engines and parts listed in the classifieds. Search the word engine. They are plentiful right now but will not be forever.

3dAngus

Does the schematic not have a part number, probably in parenthesis, in the lower right or left of the drawing?

84blue69

Corn, I have found all parts to fix the issues , but i think the mag is 180 out. I am just curious as to what the mep number is i have searched and found nothing. Only welder I found has the wisconsin vh4d or similar.
3d,i will check the schematic.
Thank you, cory

cornrichard

I don't know a thing about the welder. The engine is the same as the one on my air compressor. There have been a ton of them surplussed out in the last few years. I have seen them sell new or rebuilt in crates for as low as $400. They won't last long at those kind of prices. There is a listing in the classifieds here for that very engine. I did not see any prices listed. If you plan to keep and use that welder it maybe time to stock up on some spares. I got a new carb, plugs, and electronic ignition from saturn surplus. Good Luck!

liftman

Can't help with the welder TM, but if it is the 4A084 engine, the TM for that is TM9-2805-259-14. Parts TM would be TM--9-2805-259-24P.

84blue69

Apparently they didnt produce a lot of these unlike the gensets. Well thanks for the replies. I figured there would be someone that had one or used one or at the very least seen one.
cory

connectingbar

I know for a fact that it is a Hobart machine but the model has me wondering.

These machines were only built for the military ( to thier specs)

They were installed in maint trucks

Give me any info and numbers and I will try to find out what I can

I am a welder by trade for over 30 years and I have seen these from time to time

84blue69

Thanks for the offer Connectingbar, Im not a real good welder but I can lay a nice pile of turkey.........well you know the type.aua

Stellaruthie the picture of the tag is what I needed, thank you.

What I called HOBIE until now is actually a LTO-300, unless the Libby model number differs from the Hobart model number. Well anyhow it gets me close enough and a big THANK YOU!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks