• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please help M35A2 wiring question

red99

Need some help guys…

I have a 1968, M715 that I have swapped Dodge 5.9 Cummins diesel into. I have kept the truck a 24 volt truck by switching the dodge starter and alternator over to 24 volt versions. I know this is the Deuce section of the forum so here is where my issue comes in.

The factory wiring harness in my Jeep M715 is in pretty bad shape and kind hacked up from either the military or previous owner.

So I went looking for a cheap alternative for a replacement harness that would integrate with the diesel/truck with limited modifications. After looking at the wiring diagrams for both the M715 and M35A2, I figured that they were similar enough that I could make a M35A2 harness work in the Jeep.

I purchased the front and rear harness for a M35A2 on eBay from two separate sellers. Due to the poor English and spelling used in the sellers listing I did not realize that the front harness was for a M35A2 version without turn signals.

I also have a solid state flasher unit and turn signal control switch.

My QUESTION is what are the need connectors and wires so I can add turn signals to the harness. Has anyone done this that wouldn't mind sharing some input or the wiring diagram for the harness that did not come with turn signals.

Any help or information is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That doesn't sound right, the a2 harness should have turn signals. I think even the early gasser with the 25amp charging system had turn signals too. Is it possible you missed some wires? I know Barrman has used an m35 harness on a m715.

red99

That doesn't sound right, the a2 harness should have turn signals. I think even the early gasser with the 25amp charging system had turn signals too. Is it possible you missed some wires? I know Barrman has used an m35 harness on a m715.

I think the best way is to layout the harness and take a photo for you guys. I am at work now but will try and get one when I get home.

dmetalmiki

I agree with this, and in fact the diesel (converted in our case to PERKINS 6) M715 is quite easy to wire up from scratch using ordinary car wirE reels. We did.