• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please help me identify this wire

beckel

Hi Guys - Working to make the last few electrical connections on my 6.5L GEP installation. I have one wire which was cut during the engine harvest and does not have a marker to identify the wire number. Can someone please help me identify it and where it terminates? It looks to be about 8 gauge and is on the passenger side rear of the engine wiring harness. Thanks for the help!

Example picture.gif

Action

Your arrow is pointing to two wire harness branches. The smaller one looks like glow plug feed. The bigger one still looks like part of the harness with several wires inside of it.
Look at the other end of the wire and see what it is attached to. likey positive at the alternator.

beckel

Oops..just saw that the arrow is pointed at two wires. The one I meant to point to is the larger wire (not the glow plug branch). The larger wire is a single wire, about 8 gauge. This is the 6.5L harness and I dont *think* it goes to the starter because according to the TM, I have accounted for all the wires on the starter. Also, when they harvest these motors they typically only cut wires attached to body so it would not make sense that they would cut a starter wire but who knows.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks