• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please help with HEMTT wheels:

cobratodd

I am trying to mount 14.00R20 tires on the 2-piece HEMTT wheels (see the wheel below) and for the life of me, can't get the O Ring to stay in place. It almost seems as though it is 1/2" to large. I put grease in the groove to holding until the rim pieces are bolted together and I still get leaking between the two halves. I am using the OR-20-TUA "orange colored O Rings and they just don't want to cooperate. After trying 9 times on one wheel, I am ringing the bell and I'm asking for help.

I would like to find bead locks to see if they would help hold the o ring in place, but I can't seem to find a source for the bead locks. The diameter of the O Ring is about .27", I thought I saw a post saying there is a .31" version out there - does anyone know the part number and where to find them?

Lastly, should the I.D. of the O Ring be a snug fit on the wheel? These seem to have about a 1/2" of play that leaves the ring sitting on the edge of the groove, teetering to fall off. If it was a 19.5" I.D. it would fit into the groove much better.

Thank you for the help,
Todd

Attachments

mikew

The o-ring should be snug, not 1/2" too big.

I think you've got a problem with your o-rings, wrong ones or wrong size.

Ridgerunner

Cut it shorter to the proper size with a new razer blade (to give you a nice clean cut) and super glue it back togather.

Most large O-rings are made this way.